Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Deaver J40's VS F53's

Post by Andy Jones »

Just as the Title say's
Pro's and Cons Please.....
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Re: Deaver J40's VS F53's

Post by Polarcub »

J40s are 3" wide so they bolt right in, extended shackles are tougher to find. IMO they also limit sway on the broncos
F53 are 2.5" wide extended shackles are easier to source and can be adapted to the 3" shackles with spacers some say you get better droop with them I am not so sure. I have also heard complaints of more sway vs the J40s to the point that they went back to the J40

I run the J40s with shackles and have no complaints with them and have not seen any performance differance when compared to other Broncos with the F53

I feel the bottom line is both perform well and are comprable if you plan on towing or carrying much weight in the rear I feel that the J40 would be the best choice but I have not run the F53 in my set up either
Jeremy
convoy

Post by convoy »

3" wide shackles should be easier to find now that they are on the newer F150's.
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

convoy wrote:3" wide shackles should be easier to find now that they are on the newer F150's.
Great point
Jeremy
motoxscott
Bronco Info: 408 Prerunner

Post by motoxscott »

I've ridden in both and the F-53's seem to ride a little nicer, they both ride great though. I had F-53's on my bronco before I decided to park it for 2 years in the shop haha. We have shackles for either spring and machined spacers when going to the narrower F-53's.

- Scott
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I tow so I bought the j40's to keep it from swaying too much. I love them. No real cons yet, they do really well in the dirt, and even towing a large trailer they ride and it sits perfect.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.