Giant Daily driver 4 link

Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Giant daily driver 4 link?
Jeremy
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Re: Giant Daily driver 4 link

Post by philofab »

Yes. Geoff's Bronco has had one for a long time. Been in it and next to it in the rough many times. Even fixed it once.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Thanks Philo, I am considering going that route if I jump back into a bronco, I have not really kept up with what is out there and saw that and thought it may be a good choice for what I want. I really do not want to go down the route of leaf springs again.
Jeremy
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

Polarcub wrote:Thanks Philo, I am considering going that route if I jump back into a bronco, I have not really kept up with what is out there and saw that and thought it may be a good choice for what I want. I really do not want to go down the route of leaf springs again.
Hey Jeremy !
Have you looked into the 64" spring under kit that Giant offers as well ?
I know of a few rigs that run that set up. And everyone that I've talked to, or have ridden in their rig, really seems to like it.
I'm actually going that route with my build now .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

I have andy and that is still under consideration but I really want to not deal with leaf springs at all and after seeing this kit it may be an option.
Jeremy
XTate
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco stock not for long

Post by XTate »

Hey, I looked at the photo on Giant's site, whats up with that short shock on the link at the axle tube ?
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

It controls axle wrap and allows articulation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

The daily driver links seem so expensive compared to everything else. It seems almost double the cost. Do the benefits outweigh the cost? How does it save bed space if the shocks are still in the same position as a traditional 4 link? All very confusing.
hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

Tchajagos wrote:The daily driver links seem so expensive compared to everything else. It seems almost double the cost. Do the benefits outweigh the cost? How does it save bed space if the shocks are still in the same position as a traditional 4 link? All very confusing.
For starters how do you figure it is twice the cost of everything else? It is comparable to any other 3 or 4 link set up. It saves the bed because it does not have upper links also allowing you to keep factory mid tank on trucks. It uses a pan hard set up to keep the rear end centered at ride height but that causes a swing effect side to side through travel as well as a articulating. With this set up up it probably also has a lot of pinion angle change through travel which can be good and bad but for broncos with short drive shafts it is good because it will allow more droop. Seems like a cool set up and it must work because they have been installed on a ton of vehicles.
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

It works and works well! I went for a ride in Geoffs bronco last year at KOH and it cruised through everything that was infront of it. I didnt want to drive mine after getting out of his haha.
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
Tchajagos

Post by Tchajagos »

hollandermotorsports wrote:
Tchajagos wrote:The daily driver links seem so expensive compared to everything else. It seems almost double the cost. Do the benefits outweigh the cost? How does it save bed space if the shocks are still in the same position as a traditional 4 link? All very confusing.
For starters how do you figure it is twice the cost of everything else? It is comparable to any other 3 or 4 link set up. It saves the bed because it does not have upper links also allowing you to keep factory mid tank on trucks. It uses a pan hard set up to keep the rear end centered at ride height but that causes a swing effect side to side through travel as well as a articulating. With this set up up it probably also has a lot of pinion angle change through travel which can be good and bad but for broncos with short drive shafts it is good because it will allow more droop. Seems like a cool set up and it must work because they have been installed on a ton of vehicles.

Giant lists their daily link kit for $4250. They list their 4 link kit for $2250 on their website. I understand how it works but would you say it works better than a 3 or 4 link set up? Or are you just paying an extra $2k for the coolness factor of running something different? I can see the benefit of not having to relocate the midship fuel tank, especially on rangers and other trucks who only have the midship but most full size obs fords had a rear tank which could be upgraded to a larger capacity. I've seen plenty of 3-4 links set up under the bed without the upper link effecting the bed but they still have to cut through the bed for the coilovers (unless some kind of cantilever set up) same as this daily link kit would still have to do. I can see that the daily link set up would have a bit more sway control without the added use of a sway bar. I have seen this kit on a bronco in person and it looked really cool.
hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

Tchajagos wrote: Giant lists their daily link kit for $4250. They list their 4 link kit for $2250 on their website. I understand how it works but would you say it works better than a 3 or 4 link set up? Or are you just paying an extra $2k for the coolness factor of running something different? I can see the benefit of not having to relocate the midship fuel tank, especially on rangers and other trucks who only have the midship but most full size obs fords had a rear tank which could be upgraded to a larger capacity. I've seen plenty of 3-4 links set up under the bed without the upper link effecting the bed but they still have to cut through the bed for the coilovers (unless some kind of cantilever set up) same as this daily link kit would still have to do. I can see that the daily link set up would have a bit more sway control without the added use of a sway bar. I have seen this kit on a bronco in person and it looked really cool.
I would say the cost difference definitely has something to do with the fact that their 4 link set up comes without any hiems and stuff like that. DD link kit has a few extra parts such as the dampners on the rear as well as the pan hard bar and mount. Think smog when you talk about moving a fuel tank. Most vehicles tanks are mid ship OBS fords, and broncos are the exception with a secondary rear tank. Basically every other vehicle is midship and Giant did not built this kit for obs fords they built it for every person that wants links but doesn't want to play smog games. Most of the time you want the vehicle to sit as low as possible with as much bump travel as possible. If you bump a 9" out at the frame no notch the upper link will more than likely touch the sheet metal or even interfere. Now say you notch your frame to buy more bump travel then your bed will definitely be an issue now you are tubbing for tires, relocating fuel tank or cell, adding fiberglass and all and at some point you say screw it and ditch the bed. This is known as the snoball effect lol. Cutting a hole for shocks is nothing compared to relocating fuel tank and crap. Now as far as performance. While it may work great I personally would say that it I would not compare its performance to a true 4 link. A 4 link with proper triangulation is the best set up hands down. So no I do not believe it works better than traditional 4 link. My bronco has a ton of body roll you cannot turn without being on 3 wheels but I am ok with that because it is not my commuter and there are a select few that I allow and trust to drive it. But it works awesome in the dirt and as long as you drive accordingly and set up up properly for turns it is no big deal. The only reason I would add sway bar is so I could run harder into turns if the bronco gets raced but its a prerunner so we cruise.
Tchajagos

Post by Tchajagos »

A lot of good points Brandon and I agree with you.