Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Post by SteveG »

shockseals.com wrote:
SteveG wrote:Do these only bypass on compression? Does rebound flow strictly through the piston?
Top out and last bit of travel are piston only in both directions.
Are they a "can in a can" type bypass? I could never get that setup to work well on my Bronco. At least not while retaining an acceptable ride on-road.
Mojo
Bronco Info: 96eb 5.8, custom SS exh, C&T/uniball, Heim R-arms, 35"bajas 4.88s F53 w/SOLO shackle PRPs

Post by Mojo »

[/quote]
Are they a "can in a can" type bypass? I could never get that setup to work well on my Bronco. At least not while retaining an acceptable ride on-road.[/quote]

Yes they are Steve. So far they are working well for me, but I've only had it out one weekend to Ocotillo after I took them apart, changed the reservoir caps to schrader valve & re-valved the rebound.
Mojo
Bronco Info: 96eb 5.8, custom SS exh, C&T/uniball, Heim R-arms, 35"bajas 4.88s F53 w/SOLO shackle PRPs

Post by Mojo »

A little Raptor SVT shock update. After going from the original .008 rebound stack to .012 it was much improved but still felt loose back there. So I increased to .015 stack & it worked very well in Ocotillo & I am very pleased. FYI, the compression valving is still original.
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Has anyone run Raptor FOX's on their BRONCO?

Post by Tchajagos »

I am thinking of doing this. Does anyone have pictures of them installed in their bronco or obs f150?
johncharlesb
Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco

Post by johncharlesb »

I just picked up a set of fronts to use in my a arm setup, and have to rebuild them as soon as the parts come in. The fronts are 7" travel with the reservoir underneath resulting in a 30" shock, instead of a typical 18" shock for a 6.65 travel Bilstein 7100 class 11 type. I was planning on using the same geometry in the Raptor with my A arms. The upper shock mount is a 12mm 175 stem, and will be threaded with a chromemoly rod end. The coilover on a Raptor is 811 lbs. Too much for my Mountaineer so I will run the torsions still, although, I may switch over to 2wd springs, which are 550 lbs, in the future. The top hat on the spring mount is standard late-model F150 three bolt strut style. Some looked to be filling/altering the bypass holes and butterfly stacks to change bypass rates, but I am really over my head there.

Here is a link to the rebuild process with good pics of internals:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/diy-s ... ild-43929/ I usually disable java before going on that site because of the miles and miles of ads that load, good God.

PDF text:
http://raddrives.com/builds/Raptor/shoc ... SHOCKS.pdf
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Geoff, Giant Motorsports has done them on a few trucks
Deslboy
Bronco Info: 1993 XLT 351. Currently being built. Solo c&t beams, solo radius arms, solo shock hoops

Post by Deslboy »

I was planning to run these on the rear of my bronco with the Deaver Q80 pack, but upgraded to the spring under 64" deavers so I went with a different shock. I have them for sale, DC shocks completely rebuilt them and upgraded the reservoir caps with schrader valves so you can fill with nitrogen.