Punisher valve body

Bajaluv
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

Punisher valve body

Post by Bajaluv »

Hey guys I'm looking for some help on my punisher valve body install. I have a 1991 within E4OD transmission and now that I have the valve body installed the tranny will not downshift when I accelerate. In other words if I'm going 25,35 mph and hit the gas it just gradually builds speed, does not down shift and go ? Just to get all the facts out there I also installed a B&M deep transmission pan, JBA headers and throttle body spacer at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated !!
Seabass
Bronco Info: 96 bronco

Re: Punisher valve body

Post by Seabass »

Check your kick down cable on the throttle body.
Bajaluv

Punisher valve body

Post by Bajaluv »

I will check that out today when I get home from work. I was hoping you or some of these other guys that I follow on here would reply. You guys definitely know your Broncos !! Thumbs up !!
birdco85
Bronco Info: 95 5.8 MAF E4OD

Punisher valve body

Post by birdco85 »

There's no kick down on an e4od. It's electronically controlled. Shifts with throttle position and speed. Check your tps I believe. From there I have no idea. Lol
MOSS2

Post by MOSS2 »

Probably reads the manifold pressure as well. Check vacuum lines and routing is good.
MOSS2

Post by MOSS2 »

Make sure your MLPS sensor on the trans linkage is adjusted correctly.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Did you get the valve body direct from Paul? His valve bodies are case specific...and he has always been good about support
Bajaluv

Punisher valve body

Post by Bajaluv »

Thank you for the feedback !! I'm looking into these suggestions tonight and will report back.
Bajaluv

Punisher valve body

Post by Bajaluv »

robertcrav wrote:Did you get the valve body direct from Paul? His valve bodies are case specific...and he has always been good about support
Yes my valve body is directly from Paul.
Bajaluv

Punisher valve body

Post by Bajaluv »

MOSS2 wrote:Probably reads the manifold pressure as well. Check vacuum lines and routing is good.
Good suggestion I actually just noticed when I'm driving with the Ac on and accelerate the air flow switches to defrost. Definitely a vacuum leak.
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

One of the best things you can do is go thru the engine and replace those hard plastic hoses that crack with vacuum line- super cheap easy to do and well worth the effort to just make sure that little area of old age has been taken care of.
Bajaluv

Punisher valve body

Post by Bajaluv »

VintageIronFab wrote:One of the best things you can do is go thru the engine and replace those hard plastic hoses that crack with vacuum line- super cheap easy to do and well worth the effort to just make sure that little area of old age has been taken care of.
What brand or kind of tubing would you recommend to replace all the vacuum lines?
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Whatever they sell at the parts store-- to me $3ft silicon hose is way overrated
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Punisher valve body

Post by RyanDS650X »

Anything is better than the factory stuff at this age, just make sure the inside diameter is 5/32.
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Punisher valve body

Post by RyanDS650X »

Bajaluv

Punisher valve body

Post by Bajaluv »

RyanDS650X wrote:Anything is better than the factory stuff at this age, just make sure the inside diameter is 5/32.
Easy enough lol, Thanks for the link. I replaced a few lines today, passenger side by the heater core. Those lines fixed my Ac problem. Back to my tranny issue.