pull the motor or leave it in?

mobil1syn
Bronco Info: 1996 - operation mijo hauler

pull the motor or leave it in?

Post by mobil1syn »

so i need to do a tune up, replace a water pump, deal with a bunch of exhaust leaks and replace all the freeze plugs in my bronco. the freeze plugs seems like a PITA to do with it in the vehicle. would it be simpler and easier to just pull the motor and handle all that stuff on an engine stand? plus if its out i can reseal the oil pan and replace the main seal. not a huge deal but a plus none the less.

best i can tell, the engine harness has a plug, so i dont have to disconnect any wiring. one thing that concerns me is the vacuum lines. theyve been under there a long time and if im concerned they will all disintegrate. not the end of the world, but something to deal with.

so anyone ever replace the freeze plug with the engine still in the vehicle and how much of a PITA was it?
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Re: pull the motor or leave it in?

Post by VintageIronFab »

110% pull it. Absolutely no doubt that engine will come out much much easier than doing anything in-frame!
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
LvSteve
Bronco Info: 1995 XLT Sport. 96 427w e4od obd II system........ SOLD IT

Re: pull the motor or leave it in?

Post by LvSteve »

Remember there are freeze plugs behind the flex plate also the rear main is there. Your going to pull something