MAP (SD) to MAF

Mustang
Bronco Info: 1993 F150 XLT

MAP (SD) to MAF

Post by Mustang »

Ok looking to do this on my 1993 F150 302 n looking for some input. Would one of these kits be better then the other? What else would I need to know before installing one of these kits?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F150-F250 ... SwQItUKXIb

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F150-351W ... SwRLZUKXpG

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F150-F250 ... Sw7NNUKXln

The why on going this way is I have a small cam in the truck from Jasper and its not idling right. Been having this issue since its been installed last year. I keep getting people telling me its the MAP (SD) that's not working with the mods n that I should go MAF.
Mustang

Re: MAP (SD) to MAF

Post by Mustang »

Is there some opinions on which is better or even if I should switch to MAF?
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Would someone here even know someone who switched to the MAF?
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

MAP (SD) to MAF

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I personally have not but I believe what your asking depends on what you are doing? If your building a wazoo motor then you'll want aftermarket in order to get full power potential depending on rpm range. Most I have seen done was pulled from an f150 and integrated into their system. I'm not sure how much it would matter on a stock motor as far as aftermarket. People have ran the stock maf sensor with 408 strokers.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Rather let me put it this way. You have two options. 1 : have the ecu tuned and run the SD setup to compensate for the predesigned mapping perameters in the map sensor. 2 : go scab a setup out of a maf truck and I believe ECU and switch it all over. The biggest question is, what are you planning on doing? Headers cam and maybe a set of GT40p heads? Then a tuned sd system can handle it. It would be a stretch but it would be doable. More and you will need a maf sensor since it reads the incoming air and adjusts the afr etc. on the fly.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
S00TLYFE
Bronco Info: IT RAPTOR NOW

Post by S00TLYFE »

Buy the Fiveology Racing Kit. The price is solid and the customer service is second to none.
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

If it were me I’d just get a stock maf harness off a 95- if you want the full Monty then get a 96 obd2 - sorry but every single aftermarket setup is completely under engineered.
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Thank yall for helping me out. Like in the original post my engine (302) was a rebuilt / reman from Jaspers with their small cam giving 10% power to torque, supposedly. Ever since the install last year its not been idling right on start up and stalling. I figured it wasn't getting enough air flowing freely so I installed a BBK twin throttle body and a series 50 muffler and pipes from flow master. Didn't work. Dynos round here will not tune a truck my year. They give me all kinds of excuses, so I 'm on my own n figure to give the MAF a try. I keep hearing how forgiving the MAF is with mods and MAP (SD) is terrible with them.

I will call Factory Five tomorrow and get this done, thank you.

My plans for the truck is s simple one. Bassani shorties, Edelbrock truck intake, pullies, 24 or 30lb injectors, some GT40 heads or some aftermarket, and MSD parts. Not looking for some competition sled puller or some rip roaring mud slinger. Just something to enjoy going to and from work with the occasional fun in the woods.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Not familiar with this site yet. Not finding "modification to post" so I'll post it here....

from my last post - "Ever since the install last year its not been idling right on start up and stalling....."

is to include off that sentence ---- loss of power, loss of acceleration, and engine not giving power when needed up hills. I need to keep my foot floored to get power, yet rpms will not move past 3K rpms.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

EDIT - I will call Fiveology Racing tomorrow not Factory Five.