Lets talk seats.

Boots & Slicks 14
Bronco Info: 1995 XLT 5.8L California Edition.
Location: The State of Jefferson,trying to move back to the SouthWest.

Lets talk seats.

Post by Boots & Slicks 14 »

Hey all, been quite a while since I've posted.

The other day I had to put my factory rear seat back in my '95 by myself,and between having to fight the torsion rod back in (found out later you had to install it from behind the seat :oops: ) and the weight & bulk of it, it's not something I want to do often. So that leads to my question..

Anyone ever weigh their factory buckets and rear bench seats?

I don't have the proper scale and don't feel like taking them out again to do so.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: Lets talk seats.

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Haven't weighted them, but I know that rear bench is HEAVY! I've always thought it would be cool to make a tube base and have 2 bear/mastercraft/PRP/etc. buckets bolted to it & use the factory brackets/clips to make the thing come out easy. The race seats like that are waaaaay lighter than the factory bench, so even with them not folding down like the factory bench does they should be easier to muscle around to get in and out.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Haven't weighted them, but I know that rear bench is HEAVY! I've always thought it would be cool to make a tube base and have 2 bear/mastercraft/PRP/etc. buckets bolted to it & use the factory brackets/clips to make the thing come out easy. The race seats like that are waaaaay lighter than the factory bench, so even with them not folding down like the factory bench does they should be easier to muscle around to get in and out.
I will definitely be doing the same thing. Thinking a bench from PRP to match the fronts though. Use pins/bushings with a cotter pin like the factory hinge.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

I have a new PRP beach seat bracket if anyone is interested. I believe it bolt in for a 36" bench but I'll confirm. DM if you're interested.

Chris
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Becks_Bronco wrote:
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Haven't weighted them, but I know that rear bench is HEAVY! I've always thought it would be cool to make a tube base and have 2 bear/mastercraft/PRP/etc. buckets bolted to it & use the factory brackets/clips to make the thing come out easy. The race seats like that are waaaaay lighter than the factory bench, so even with them not folding down like the factory bench does they should be easier to muscle around to get in and out.
I will definitely be doing the same thing. Thinking a bench from PRP to match the fronts though. Use pins/bushings with a cotter pin like the factory hinge.
I had always thought buckets, but a bench can squeeze one more person in there if you really need to in an emergency. If I remember right a 42" fits nicely between the wheel wells. If you're still local & want to stop by I've got a 42" bench tucked away here you can look at for size reference.
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:
Becks_Bronco wrote:
I had always thought buckets, but a bench can squeeze one more person in there if you really need to in an emergency. If I remember right a 42" fits nicely between the wheel wells. If you're still local & want to stop by I've got a 42" bench tucked away here you can look at for size reference.
Actually, i would love to. Might not be this month, but i'll let you know!!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Becks_Bronco wrote:Actually, i would love to. Might not be this month, but i'll let you know!!
No worries. You know how to find me when you're ready.
Boots & Slicks 14

Now that's an idea. What would you do for belts?
Boots & Slicks 14

ChaseTruck754 wrote:
I had always thought buckets, but a bench can squeeze one more person in there if you really need to in an emergency. If I remember right a 42" fits nicely between the wheel wells. If you're still local & want to stop by I've got a 42" bench tucked away here you can look at for size reference.[/quote]

Are you referring to this bench?

https://www.prpseats.com/product/custom ... eat-36-48/
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Yes that bench and a stock type belt setup. It's been too long and I can't remember if the stock belts are bolted to the floor or not. If so, run that. If not I'd weld a tab to the frame I built and bolt the stock belt to that.
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Lets talk seats.

Post by RyanDS650X »

Stock bench is 80lbs.
I made the frame for the 3rd seat and it picks up all the factory holes and uses the factory harware. I use a Crow cam style lap belt in the PRP bucket.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

The man with all the answers! That is exactly what was thinking but with 2 buckets or a bench. And crazy to know the stock bench weighs that much! The PRP seats are only like 5 lbs each it seems. They feel SOOO light compared to the stock stuff.
PotBellyWill
Bronco Info: 1996 XL 5.8 Ex Forest Service Camping Rig- Solo Stage 2

Post by PotBellyWill »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:The man with all the answers! That is exactly what was thinking but with 2 buckets or a bench. And crazy to know the stock bench weighs that much! The PRP seats are only like 5 lbs each it seems. They feel SOOO light compared to the stock stuff.
Yes, I agree! Fabbing a mount similar to that but for multiple seats would be ideal. I picked up a couple of recliners from PRP last year and having a matching set would be killer! Used Solos PRO mounts for the front.
RyanDS650X

Lets talk seats.

Post by RyanDS650X »

This set up is perfect for my family of 3. Still leaves a ton of room for packing gear and be able to put the spare inside for go fast desert trips.
With that seat mount out of the cab for baja trips when it's just me and a buddy my 150qt cooler goes where the seat mount is and I use those silver tie town loops I made out of 1/8 plate and the factory bench bolts to keep it planted for road sodas.
That frame and seat might weigh 20lbs...

PotBellyWill
Bronco Info: 1996 XL 5.8 Ex Forest Service Camping Rig- Solo Stage 2

Post by PotBellyWill »

I love the idea. My stock rear bench is rarely in the seated position so having something that could be removed relatively easily like yours is awesome.
Boots & Slicks 14

RyanDS650X wrote:Stock bench is 80lbs.
I made the frame for the 3rd seat and it picks up all the factory holes and uses the factory harware. I use a Crow cam style lap belt in the PRP bucket.

Thank you!

The interior of your rig looks a lot like mine! I got the same grey interior with the rubber floor. Seems your wheel well
sections fit better than mine though..

What slider brackets are those Mastercraft seats you got up front bolted to??
RyanDS650X

Post by RyanDS650X »

Boots & Slicks 14 wrote:
RyanDS650X wrote:Stock bench is 80lbs.
I made the frame for the 3rd seat and it picks up all the factory holes and uses the factory harware. I use a Crow cam style lap belt in the PRP bucket.

Thank you!

The interior of your rig looks a lot like mine! I got the same grey interior with the rubber floor. Seems your wheel well
sections fit better than mine though..

What slider brackets are those Mastercraft seats you got up front bolted to??
Factory sliders with angle iron adapters, quick and dirty but retains all the functionality.
I'm loving the new interior too, makes clean up a breeze.

shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

Easy and effective. Removes in under 5 minutes.
http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... &start=100
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

Im considering pulling one of the seats to put in a fridge since it is usually just me and my ol lady on trips.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com