Header Fabrication Challenge!

VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Header Fabrication Challenge!

Post by VintageIronFab »

Hello All-
So I put this out into the inter web as a challenge to actual header fabricators. Since there’s only 1 nice header available today why can’t a company semi mass produce a legit header for the OBS truck/ Bronco ??
-304ss TIG welded
-3/8” flanges at the head
-1 5/8” - 1 7/8” primaries
- mid equal length
- actually be able to change spark plugs with ease
-V band clamps
-O2 bungs in the collector
- starter /pass side frame/body friendly

Why couldn’t this be done for $1500-$2k and be 100% repeatable? You add a legit 3” y-pipe that is true dual with a X similar to the Bassani 93-95 Lightning Offroad version for another $500 - seems like solid repeatable product.
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Re: Header Fabrication Challenge!

Post by hollandermotorsports »

Short Answer we are all trying to achieve different objectives.

I have a really good header guy that does a few sets of headers/ exhaust for us a year. Its about $5k per set up my cost. Those headers are built for the vehicle and how it will be driven, intake, heads, and tone. Last set of bends I bought on my card for him were north of $1500 alone. Him and I have talked about cookie cutter headers but there is a lot of time and materials that go into headers so they would still be $2800 for headers alone if he fixture built. Now here is the kicker Everyone's engine cage is different so now you are back to where you are today. My suggestion would be have a set built to the vehicle for your needs. They are not cheap but if you do it right up front you will never have to worry about it again and do not go with the cheapest guy, make sure they cycle suspension, and have vehicle complete when you do them. The good header guys will get exhaust out and do it nicely around components and tubes but if something is missing then reworking headers makes them look like crap. Just my .02. The guy I use is Eric Anderson ILK fabrication and he will travel to build headers I can get you in touch with him if wanted.