Need someone to help regear my 8.8

zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Post by zachwabbit »

So I bought 4.88s for the Expo 8.8 going under my B2, planning on swapping them myself but I quickly realized I was over my head skill wise and was lacking a few hundred bucks in tools to do it right.. so can anyone in San Diego help me out to get this done by mid next week? Or recommend an individual or shop that can do it for an affordable price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
damon1272

Re: Need someone to help regear my 8.8

Post by damon1272 »

I may be able to give you a hand. Do you have the bearings and everything or just the gears?
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

damon1272 wrote:I may be able to give you a hand. Do you have the bearings and everything or just the gears?
That would be awesome! I have the gears, and all the small stuff like shims and crush sleeve. I’ll pick up some bearings in the next day or two also

zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

Calling on the GFB community for help again, the shop I had lined up to weld new spring perches and shock tabs onto this 8.8 so it’ll bolt up under my B2 has fallen through.. so I need someone who knows what they’re doing to weld these on for me ASAP! I’ll pay, but I’m not independently wealthy so I need this done affordably. Thanks guys!

Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

The only specialty tool you need is a bearing puller. A harbor freight press, impact wrench, and micrometer will be enough with a bearing puller to regear your diff. It’s really not hard at all, only takes patience. The money you would spend on labor (~$300) you can buy all the tools and do it yourself.