Bronco on a 2post lift

tactical328
Bronco Info: future broncozilla

Bronco on a 2post lift

Post by tactical328 »

I just found out why everyone I see building their GFB puts em on stands.... you can't pick a bronco with long radius arms and links on a 2 post. Hah maybe I'm dumb but doesnt seem safe picking so close to center. Anyone make pick points off the frame when putting their cage together? some reinforced lift pads? Just thinking of doing that on mine. Lemme know if it sounds dumdum or any downsides.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: Bronco on a 2post lift

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

If you've got a solid cage and it's tied to the body and the frame then I personally would be fine lifting one like that.

Yes the radius arms make it tricky, but I seem to remember being able to pick one on a 2 post using the body mount tower on the front. You have to make kind of a "cup" or similar to go on your post's pad and go around the bottom of the body bushing/bolt though and depending on how the pads are on your lift this could be sketchy or not.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Bronco on a 2post lift

Post by RyanDS650X »

Steve's right. Use a medium height extension on the body mount on the front lift arms and remove the rear extension so there is just a hole on the lifts arm and put the metal tit on the frame in the center of the hole on the arm of the lift.
That sounds very confusing reading it.... that's all I got.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I got what you're puttin down Ryan, so hopefully he will too.
tactical328

Post by tactical328 »

Im pickin up what you're putting down. it just seems super sketch on my 2post - it'd probably be fine but getting squished aint high on my list neither is the embarrassment of dropping a car off my lift my ahole friends would never let it go. hahaha. Thanks for the responses!
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Bronco on a 2post lift

Post by Tchajagos »

I’ve lifted broncos as described above with no issues. You can also strap it to the lift if you feel unsafe. We use stands because we are poor from buying too many truck parts. The stands are about $70 a pop off amazon if you want to go that route. It’s a tall pipe stand.

Sumner ST-881 Hi Fold-A-Jacks with V-Head https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002N2I3BG/re ... SCbG19G6WP
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Those stands come in handy! If you're patient you can find them for just SLIGHTLY less on ebay. You can also get the non folding variety for around $50 a pop shipped, but they take up a LOT more storage space in the shop when not in use. I can fit all 6 of my folding ones in the footprint of one of the not folding ones!
tactical328

Post by tactical328 »

yep I ordered 4 pipe stands
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Bronco on a 2post lift

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I picked up two from Amazon. I won't ever use jackstands again if these are available.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Either use a lift, or pipe stands or make a tall set yourself - whatever you do don’t be the idiot using Honda Civic level jack stands on a block-I’ve said it a million times - if you can’t afford the proper jack stands to work under these 5500# turds you should wait until you can! Getting crushed and dieing is easy - getting crushed and being a quad or a veg- well that’s the hard part. Take it from someone who takes care of more than a few who have been on the quad veg side of the equation- it’s not cool to be cheap and stupid!
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)