Edelbrock Intake and BBK throttle body install

pat_car22
Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco XLT 5.0-

Re: Edelbrock Intake and BBK throttle body install

Post by pat_car22 »

Any updates? I am looking at a motor rebuild, with aluminum heads and this engine intake set up with mild cam. I don’t know a lot about the ECU, PCM I have a 95 5.0. OBD1 Maf. Thanks
BilToo
Bronco Info: 1996 XLT 5.8

Post by BilToo »

do it lol...I have a 5.8 w/edelbrock heads, cam and injection w/24lb injectors
Steve @Powertrain Dynamics is recommended. He leaned it out so I could the windows without my eyes watering and managed to get 340hp in a 2nd gear pull

if you've changed tire size, this takes you through resetting the PSOM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arN0LqKZGdo
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Becks_Bronco wrote:
S00TLYFE wrote:
Becks_Bronco wrote:Is your truck MAF or SD?
Maf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In theory, with a MAF truck the computer should have enough flexibility to compensate for the increased airflow of the intake. For injectors, you need a recalibration from what i understand, but that's on much newer OBD2 systems.
I have been reading a lot about MPFI tuning, because I am putting a Holley Terminator X in my Bronco. I am not sure if your system has a self tuning option, but if it does, you run it and drive it for a while, it should optimize how it runs. Then lock the tune in by turning off the self tuning function.

Just a thought.

I plan to run a Edlebrock Super Victor intake with a Low profile Holley EFI throttle body and a low profile dual plenum to dual canister air filters.

David