New Fan Shrouds

VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

New Fan Shrouds

Post by VintageIronFab »

Hello All,
Has anyone on here replaced their fan shroud with a new part? I’ve seen some that seemingly should fit visually but no idea if they do— the pn on the shroud really doesn’t seem to work except to find ones on eBay that are used. It’s a 96 Bronco -5.8 auto.

Thx!
Matt
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
biggiek
Bronco Info: 92 Ford Bronco

Re: New Fan Shrouds

Post by biggiek »

I got one that should work that is oem out of a 94 which I believe is when the shroud changed...
VintageIronFab

Post by VintageIronFab »

Why would the shroud have changed?

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
De$ertBronco
Bronco Info: currently under the knife @ RICHER RACING!

Post by De$ertBronco »

VintageIronFab wrote:Why would the shroud have changed?

There are 2 different shrouds due to different radiators, "standard" or "super" cooling. The "super" cooling package was wider/taller or thicker/more rows depending on generation, but unfortunately my catalog doesn't specify dimensions. Up to 93 is one set of part numbers, 94 is standalone, and 95-97 are the same. The numbers on the shroud are engineering numbers, not actual part numbers. We (ford guys) use them to cross to an actual part number in our system. If you give me yours I can tell you which package/part number you have.

96 super cooling part number is F5TZ-8146-AFA and is still available from Detroit. Suggested retail is $187 and I can sell it for $140 with free shipping.
96 standard cooling is part number F5TZ-8146-AEA and is discontinued, but there is a dealer in Wisconsin blowing them out that I can get it form. Suggested retail is $210 and I can do $140 plus free shipping as well.
VintageIronFab

Post by VintageIronFab »

I think the super cooling is what I need? I have a Champion 4 core if that remotely matters- I’m not by my bronco now but my engineering number is F4 something.....

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

F4 just means 94. For those engineering numbers on all the parts the letter determines the decade & then 1st number is the year within that decade. D = 70's, E = 80's and F= 90's
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects