Rhino lined inside of cab ?

XTate
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco stock not for long

Post by XTate »

My Bronco came with the wall to wall Trojan rubber. The problem with it was trapped moisture under it with rust and a funkie smell. Ripped it all out,and most of the cracked sound deadening. I thought I would epoxy paint it like a garage floor. But damn I can not believe how fricking HOT the floorboard get just after a short drive. I wanted some thing that was easy to maintain, now I just want something to control the heat. Anybody rhino line the inside of there cab, did it help with the heat? Or do I need to put some heat shield/carpet back in?
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Re: Rhino lined inside of cab ?

Post by VintageIronFab »

Just me but here goes- to do the inside I’d bet the cost of a solid $750. Carpet with a couple fatmat rolls is about $450. Personally the bedliner is a bad idea knowing how crack prone the body is. Also unless they blast all that rust out you are again just trapping the rust- if it were me I’d put some POR15 on the parts and paint over a semi close body color.
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I've wanted to line the interior of my stuff. Never gotten to it though. There are a bunch of options out there now. Many have a sound deadening version AND then a heat softening (sorry - couldn't think of a better word) version. I LOVE the idea of being able to pretty much just hose out the truck after a trip or mud, etc. Being in the sand a lot I am NOT a fan of carpet...

Brands to look at for the lining are Lizard Skin, Al's Liner and Upol Raptor Liner. All 3 have both a sound 7 heat one I think. My plan was to do both.

I do agree on the need to take car of the rust BEFORE laying this stuff down though or it will come back. As for the crack prone body on these things - my $0.02 is the liner will help in this area.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
XTate

Post by XTate »

That was my thinking, to be able to hose out the the inside, But I was shocked at the amount of heat coming off the tranny tunnel.
XTate

Post by XTate »

That was my thinking, to be able to hose out the the inside, But I was shocked at the amount of heat coming off the tranny tunnel.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

My hope with my crew cab was to line both the underside of the cab and inside of cab. Since it's a diesel the underside would get the heat 7 sound barrier & then the inside would get just the sound stuff.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

Raptor spray worked good for me

you can't beat pad and carpet (same as the rubber just airs out better not trapping moisture) for floor heat and sound.
I would do both depending on use for bronco.

option two Raptor spray or por15 like stated above re use rubber flooring knowing you need to air bronco out some times.

for me spray on only just did not cut it. dyno Mat Fat Mat etc work well if you plan on covering floor.
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

We’ve sprayed a few Broncos. They still rattle like crazy. If you want to be able to hose the inside out after a mud bog sessions then I guess rhinoliner is great. It’s not cozy/comfy.
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

Chris Wilsons Bronco was lined. Heat was still an issue. Waiting in line at the border we got 2 5# bags of ice to put on the floor to keep our feet from cooking. Water drained to wherever.......

Some aluminum heat shields above the exhaust with the reflective heat tape works wonders. Lining the trans tunnel with it would also do wonders. You need to keep the heat from reaching the sheetmetal. Once the metal is hot, the battle is over.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

I have the vinyl floor it is just like the carpet kits with pad on the bottom side. I just use a bucket of soapy water and a car wash sponge. Easy peasey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk