1356 t case pump drag

shockseals.com

1356 t case pump drag

Post by shockseals.com »

I just rebuilt a manual 1356 t case. Other than typical bearing and chain drag i feel a bunch of pump drag. I have my electric t case out also with 215k on it and the input and out put shafts spin with minimal effort. The fresh rebuild manual t case has maybe a couple foot lb required to spin it and it’s all pump related. Case is 100% dry other than grease on the lips of all new seals.

Am i over thinking it and have an unfair comparison of original 215k case and fresh case? All bearings felt great, chain spins great, all drag is pump related that I’m feeling.

Anybody have any input? Pump just needs line and some break in? Something installed wrong? The pump assembly only seems to go together one way.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
shockseals.com

Re: 1356 t case pump drag

Post by shockseals.com »

Line, not line
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

I tore it down again for good measure and checked everything...I think its just a tight fresh planetary and not the pump. Back together and ready to rip.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

as always I should have trusted my gut...pump was bad but luckily didnt fuck up the case. In 4 low the shifter arm was getting tagged by something and clicking the shifter every rotation so i knew somethng was up so I tore it back out. Pump spun and banged up the range hub and low range fork.

The positive was I tried to give away my electric t case for $100 will all new parts to rebuild it and nobody wanted it, turns out it has the way better updated planetary thats a $800-1200 item so I swapped that in along with new pump and new range fork...works like a charm now.

Also can confirm that the E4OD will not shift in 4 low if it does not see the 4low signal aka dash light. If I jockeyed the shifter to not have the pump hitting the fork and therefore not clicking, 4lo worked ok but it wasnt engaged enough to lightup the 4lo light and therefore would NOT shift out of 1st.
Attachments
IMG_4240.jpg
IMG_4240.jpg (995.73 KiB) Viewed 242 times
IMG_4241.jpg
IMG_4241.jpg (803.54 KiB) Viewed 242 times
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com