Unknown ground

ItzEnsign
Bronco Info: 1995 5.8 351w

Unknown ground

Post by ItzEnsign »

So truck is finished and took to dyno since I couldn’t get it to run (408w with 1995 factory Maf efi). Ended up not finishing tune because of misc sensor issues. Ended up stripping wire harness to check continuity on wires and go through harness and clean it up replace connectors etc. Came across this ground that ends next to battery (3 total wires that get grounded, 2 of those wires connect to a sharing connector to be grounded) the one in question is the single ground which I have the screwdriver pointed to, and it ends where the other screwdriver is. Looks to be cut possibly from old owner because I’ve had same issue since I’ve owned the truck. Unable to find anything specific online yet. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ItzEnsign

Unknown ground

Post by ItzEnsign »

LvSteve
Bronco Info: 1995 XLT Sport. 96 427w e4od obd II system........ SOLD IT

Re: Unknown ground

Post by LvSteve »

Ford used a chain ground on alot of models.
What is the ongoing issue you are chasing.
Do you have access to ford evtm manual
ItzEnsign

Unknown ground

Post by ItzEnsign »

Well supposedly I have a short somewhere causing the ecu to shut off for a split second randomly while driving. The ground on the online diagrams says it’s G101 by battery tray.. now the two wires spliced together run all the way down the harness to the plug. But the other single ground wire is cut halfway between driver side headlight and fuse box... now is this ground for the 4WABS?