Trans shudder 91 Bronco

westco

Trans shudder 91 Bronco

Post by westco »

My trans is shuddering from 3-2 shift and OD-3, I did use some anti-shudder additive and it seemed to help., and now it's got quite a leak from the inspection plug in the trans.

From my research it's probably a bad TC, i was planning on just replacing it but acceleration in 3rd or OD is weak, before it downshifts, if i manually drop it into 2nd it takes off like i've got a big block. Thinking i should rebuild and have a fresh start, i don't want to just replace the TC and then drop it again to rebuild if that doesn't fix the weak 3rd gear feel.

Any referrals to a rebuilder in the north county san diego?....I did have a trans rebuilt in a work truck 5-6 years ago at Aamco in Escondido, still going strong 100k miles later.
westco

Re: Trans shudder 91 Bronco

Post by westco »

westco wrote:My trans is shuddering from 3-2 shift and OD-3, I did use some anti-shudder additive and it seemed to help., and now it's got quite a leak from the inspection plug in the trans.

From my research it's probably a bad TC, i was planning on just replacing it but acceleration in 3rd or OD is weak, before it downshifts, if i manually drop it into 2nd it takes off like i've got a big block. Thinking i should rebuild and have a fresh start, i don't want to just replace the TC and then drop it again to rebuild if that doesn't fix the weak 3rd gear feel.

Any referrals to a rebuilder in the north county san diego?....I did have a trans rebuilt in a work truck 5-6 years ago at Aamco in Escondido, still going strong 100k miles later.
Anybody with any input??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk