Autobody/ Paint Shops in SoCal

DMbronco
Bronco Info: 96 XLT 351

Autobody/ Paint Shops in SoCal

Post by DMbronco »

Figured I'd throw it out there and see if anyone has recommendations on autobody and paint shops they have used before

This is for my. 96 which is not exactly Mecum material. I want it one color but intend the use it so no need for anything too
Fancy.

I am In San Diego but open to LA/IE/Southern California

Appreciate any experiences or recommendations.
damon1272

Re: Autobody/ Paint Shops in SoCal

Post by damon1272 »

Willys in San Marcos just did the bed of my truck. Not super cheap but does a good job.
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Re: Autobody/ Paint Shops in SoCal

Post by VintageIronFab »

Being someone who paid for a full paint job this year I can't recommend a painter but I would say this. Don't tape anything, take it off; make sure a guide coat is applied st least a couple times. Truthfully I did a frame off on my truck and if you want a stupid clean chassis (which is what I wanted) I would do all the paint first then do the chassis-- if I were to do it again I would divorce the cab and chassis. It's incredibly aggravating to build something, paint or powder coat it to just have a painter get overspray on parts they will swear they are supposed to keep clean. The JBG door seals fit nice, the windows felt is good, the seal that sticks to the door is nice. The vent window seals are garbage. One more thing-- new glass is super nice due to just not being scratched to hell after 20+ years. Sorry to ramble but I'm one of the few guys on the list with a full paint job on this group and just hope to save a couple headaches.
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)