Parts bronco.

fomoco51
Bronco Info: 1992 bronco project

Parts bronco.

Post by fomoco51 »

Ok so my bronco is a 92 I'm looking at a 90 for parts, like the cab and interior since mine has no interior and the cab is pretty hammered. Any differences in should be aware of. I'll swap all my wiring and dash into it.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: Parts bronco.

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Pretty sure the dash look is different from the '90 to the '92. Gauge cluster etc I think are different as well meaning wiring wouldn't be plug & play. Have you compared the 2 side by side? Been a while since I've been in a 90 so can't remember for sure on dash layout.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Parts bronco.

Post by Tchajagos »

The interior is different. The cab by itself is almost the same but the interior is not. The shell is different in that the 92+ had shoulder seat belts bolted up top.
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Pretty sure the dash look is different from the '90 to the '92. Gauge cluster etc I think are different as well meaning wiring wouldn't be plug & play. Have you compared the 2 side by side? Been a while since I've been in a 90 so can't remember for sure on dash layout.
He is swapping the dash and wiring, Steve ;)
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

yup, got that Rod. I advised him it is different. If he swaps the entire wiring for the whole truck it may work, but from what I have seen in tearing these things down the wiring is different through the years and my guess is the dash wiring would not just be plug & play into the main harness - which was my point & what I advised. Anything can be done with both wiring diagrams in hand an a bunch of time & wiring tools/supplies. I was merely saying it's a long shot stuff would just drop in from one to the other.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
fomoco51
Bronco Info: 1992 bronco project

Post by fomoco51 »

Well I almost jumped the gun on this thing. I decided that finding the interior pieces and fixing the cab will be cheaper and less headache. Gotta keep telling myself it's not a show truck, but a play truck.