Steering wheels!

Deleted Account
Bronco Info: depends on what day

Re: Cruise Control with a custom steering wheel.

Post by Deleted Account »

i would love to have one too. i have access to alotttt of machine tools. if i could get one i could make a cad file too.
AZJD
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Bauer

I need a steering wheel adapter!!! HELP

Post by AZJD »

I posted a while back about what adapter to use so I can just change out my steering wheel....well, no such luck. Called Kartek, poly performance, grant (that was a useless call). If anyone has one for a grant/momo/ ect that will work on a 95 and you want to sell it please pm me!! I cant believe how hard it is to find this part! Thanks, Jason
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: I need a steering wheel adapter!!! HELP

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I have one. Kartek lists it as 92 & later F-150 but I looked a bit & the momo site said 92 & after F-150, F-250 & F-350 & 93+ bronco.

The part has been discontinued which is why you're having a hard time finding one. I looked for a while for the one I have & ended up not putting in on the project I bought it for, but & I've been hanging onto it (along with one for the 91 & earlier trucks) just in case since it was so hard to find.

Momo hubs new are $75-130 depending on what they are for. Feel free to make me an offer on this one.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I usesva quickvrelwase hub. I plan on running switches foe everything on my centee console after i get an art carr shiftee.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
AZJD

Post by AZJD »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I have one. Kartek lists it as 92 & later F-150 but I looked a bit & the momo site said 92 & after F-150, F-250 & F-350 & 93+ bronco.

The part has been discontinued which is why you're having a hard time finding one. I looked for a while for the one I have & ended up not putting in on the project I bought it for, but & I've been hanging onto it (along with one for the 91 & earlier trucks) just in case since it was so hard to find.

Momo hubs new are $75-130 depending on what they are for. Feel free to make me an offer on this one.

PM me a price!!!
AZJD

Post by AZJD »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:I usesva quickvrelwase hub. I plan on running switches foe everything on my centee console after i get an art carr shiftee.

HUH?? LOL
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Stupid phone and fat fingers. I have an empi quick release and grant steering wheel. Im going to run the cruise control and horn to the center console.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Steering wheels!

Post by zachwabbit »

Gettin real tired of my oem steering wheel. Stumbled upon a pretty good deal for a Boyd Coddington steering wheel on Craigslist, debating about jumping on it but it's a 13" diameter. I know most of you guys prefer a 380mm wheel since it's closer to stock size and leaves the gauges clearly visible, but has anyone run anything smaller and had good results? If I don't pick this up I may just go ahead and get a new/used Grant wheel, the Boyds wheel is a bit flashy, and normally I'd avoid that but it's cool, retro, and unique which I like. If I ran a smaller wheel(13-14") would this make it easier or harder to maneuver on tight trails? Still wanna be able to hold her steady on the highway too
Potato.
zachwabbit

Steering wheels!

Post by zachwabbit »

ImageImage
This is the Boyds wheel, and one of the Grant wheels I'm considering
zachwabbit

Re: Steering wheels!

Post by zachwabbit »

Sorry guys could've sworn I posted a new thread.. Looks like they got mixed in because I unknowingly posted it with the same title. Sorry to thread jack!
Potato.
Garlic Bronco
Bronco Info: currently just a group truck 89 bronco 351 c6 gutted for playing in the sand

Post by Garlic Bronco »

the smaller the wheel the easier it is to over steer in my opinion

i personally like a bigger wheel, never been a fan of all the chrome stuff, just plain simple black
If you can't be fast, Look fast!
www.UC4X4.com
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

Garlic Bronco wrote:the smaller the wheel the easier it is to over steer in my opinion

i personally like a bigger wheel, never been a fan of all the chrome stuff, just plain simple black
Yeah I hear ya about the chrome, I completely blacked out all the trim on my first Bronco, but with this one I've kept most of the original chrome trim since I'm going for a bit of a retro look. Which wheel are you runnin?
Potato.
Garlic Bronco
Bronco Info: currently just a group truck 89 bronco 351 c6 gutted for playing in the sand

Post by Garlic Bronco »

we just have the stock wheel in the truck right now, but this is what will eventually get put in

http://www.longacreracing.com/products. ... 5%22+Black
www.UC4X4.com
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

Looks schweeet. That should work with a Grant hub adapter right?
Potato.
Garlic Bronco

Post by Garlic Bronco »

zachwabbit wrote:Looks schweeet. That should work with a Grant hub adapter right?

i dont know personally, im sure you could find out what the hole size is and placement

but i do know that long acre sells removable hubs, idk if they will work with the stock shaft, i havnt looked into it yet. im sure theres a way to "make it work" :D
www.UC4X4.com
zachwabbit

Post by zachwabbit »

Garlic Bronco wrote:
zachwabbit wrote:Looks schweeet. That should work with a Grant hub adapter right?

i dont know personally, im sure you could find out what the hole size is and placement

but i do know that long acre sells removable hubs, idk if they will work with the stock shaft, i havnt looked into it yet. im sure theres a way to "make it work" :D
Haha hopefully. I've decided on a 15" steel circle track wheel from Speedway motors, my buddy runs their thumb saver wheels on all his racecars, once I get an email back from their customer service about if it'll work with a Grant hub or not I'll order it.
Potato.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

The longacre wheel above should work with a grant hub as the racing, 3 hole wheel bolt pattern should be universal, and I'm pretty positive grant makes an adapter for that.

As for the removable hub - sweet, and many others make the splined removable ones, You have to weld the splined section on to the stock shaft though.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
biggiek
Bronco Info: 92 Ford Bronco

Post by biggiek »

Anyone know where I might find the cc bracket? Been looking with no luck.
cwrisley
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........

Post by cwrisley »

I'm ordering my new Grant wheel and adapter today, but am having a hard time pinning down which Grant adapter is for the 92-96. I'm losing cc, no worries there. #5275 says it's for the 92-96 but it doesn't look like what I've seen used. Plus it costs more than the wheel. Anyone else using a Grant adapter have a part number for me?! Thanks.
cwrisley
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........

Post by cwrisley »

As impatient as I am, I pulled the trigger on the billet 5275. Now I'm sitting on my doorstep waiting for my Amazon box....