Wheel repair

95brnco
Bronco Info: 1995 5.0, 5spd, C&T trussed beams, 14" kings, Q80's with 12" king triples, trussed 9" w/4.56

Wheel repair

Post by 95brnco »

Has anyone ever had a wheel repaired/straightened? If so where did you go and how much was it? Reason being, I bought some champion bead locks from a member on here several months ago and he told me multiple times that they were straight, not bent, and in great working condition so I made the hour drive each way to pick them up. I looked them over really well and rolled them on the ground and didn't notice anything alarming besides some scratches and a couple gouges but nothing serious that would affect the handling. I'd been screwed months before on buying used wheels so I was pretty meticulous looking at these but apparently not good enough. Fast forward a few months and I have time to powder coat the rings and mount some newish (80%) bfg km2 tires in my garage. Everything went really smooth and aired up nicely. I take them to the tire store to have balanced and 3/4 balanced great while one wheel was extremely wobbly and couldn't get close to being balanced. On the balancing machine it's a side to side wobble not a vertical wobble. I put that wheel in the back so I won't feel it in my steering wheel and go for a test drive. Around city streets it's ok but you can definitely hear it. On the freeway it's very noticeable and rattles my interior and causes the back end to shake a lot causing all sorts of squeaks. Now I'm in a dilemma, do I pay to have it fixed, hopefully, or never buy used wheels again and pay up and buy new wheels. I'm hoping someone has had experience with wheel straightening before and I can go that route even if it's $150 it's cheaper than buying all new wheels at $300 a pop. Sorry for the novel, but figured it couldn't hurt to give a background story. Thanks guys!
zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Re: Wheel repair

Post by zachwabbit »

The Discount Tire I work at in Rancho San Diego works closely with a local wheel repair shop, I can get the info if you'd like, everything beadlock is usually more expensive though
Potato.
95brnco
Bronco Info: 1995 5.0, 5spd, C&T trussed beams, 14" kings, Q80's with 12" king triples, trussed 9" w/4.56

Post by 95brnco »

That would be awesome! Thanks man. I like the wheels and invested $100 in powder coat so I don't really want to start over.
damon1272

Post by damon1272 »

US wheel remanufacturing (619) 596-8033 in El Cajon off bradley has fixed one for me. They did a great job saving a factory wheel. About $80. I would have trashed it but they were able to straighten it out very well and paint match it.
95brnco

Post by 95brnco »

Sweet thanks I'll call them up $80 isn't bad
Cactus Cooler
Bronco Info: 90 Bronco EB EDITION

Post by Cactus Cooler »

Parkhouse Tire
I'M ALL JACKED UP ON MOUNTIN DEWwwwww!
hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

Yes go see Carlos at U.S Wheel. He also owns Baja Pits he is a good friend of mine and just an all around good guy.
zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Post by zachwabbit »

95brnco wrote:That would be awesome! Thanks man. I like the wheels and invested $100 in powder coat so I don't really want to start over.
Sorry just got back into town early this morning, haven't been at work. Name of the company is American Factory Wheel, just tell them that you were referred by Discount Tire in Rancho San Diego, not sure what the going rate per beadlock wheel is for bend repair, but I've never gotten a complaint about their work
Potato.
95brnco

Post by 95brnco »

Awesome thanks guys. Tranny went out on me today so the wheel is on back burner now. But hoping to either buy new wheels or get this fixed before KOH