Loading backwards on trailer.

fomoco51
Bronco Info: 1992 bronco project

Loading backwards on trailer.

Post by fomoco51 »

So the bronco is just about ready for pismo this weekend. My trailer is 16' 7,000 gvw but narrow. I still have work to do on the bronco every night till we leave Thursday so I dont have a alot of time to dick with fitting it on the trailer. So I was thinking of loading it backwards for this trip until I modify the trailer. If loaded backwards there is enough room for my wifes z400 quad and a few ice chests on the front to add tongue weight. I've just never loaded a vehicle backwards on a trailer, and not sure if the added weight to the tongue will be enough to keep her from whipping.
Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.

Re: Loading backwards on trailer.

Post by 300 »

Doubtful it will be enough weight on the tongue with the Bronco on backwards. Stock Broncos are closer to 60 front/40 rear weight distribution. Would probably be OK if the Bronco went on front first. Makes it hard to tie the rear down when the truck is so far back on the trailer. I have room for another axle and some other stuff on the front of my 16' trailer when it is balanced right. You will be at or above the GVWR so be sure your tires and bearings are in top shape and keep the speeds down.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

My caged bronco with 3/4 tank gas is 51/50 rear/front bias. Not sure how much different stock is or how close yours is to stock.
Jbfab
Bronco Info: 94 centurion bronco 5.8/zf many mods more all the time.

Post by Jbfab »

Can you load the wheeler in the bronco or posibly the tow rig?