Batteries

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: Batteries

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Road Map is Rhiannan - a friend of Kris' - used to work at PCI. I thought you were referring to Kritter vs. Kevin. Kevin is still around. He's got a 70's F-100 he's playing with currently
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

ntsqd wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:59 pm
Road Map doesn't bring anything to mind. It is the story of one particular race that Kevin Davis won by shear consumption of any fluid available to keep his auto trans functioning.
Speaking of KD, I just sent him a bunch of old Fox's for his vintage build. We need to get him on here.
ntsqd
Bronco Info: '70 Early Bronco SuperCab Shortbed Pick-up "Bronc-up" aka "Frank(entruck)", '96 OJB "Blanc-Oh!"

Post by ntsqd »

It's been a very long time since then, but as I recall Rhiannan had Klaus' cat for a short period when he moved into a no pets apt., but couldn't keep her and 'Orca' ended up with me. Never met Rhiannan, only know her name from RDC. I recall her being pretty gung-ho working for PCI, I take it that she's not still there?

Know of a build thread anywhere for KD's project?

Back on topic, Not knowing just how much these frames flex and distort, but being a riveted cross-member C-channel design I am assuming that Ford expected it to flex. As such I built an articulated battery tray so that as/if the frame moves around a bit it won't break the tray or tear up the frame. Sits inboard of the RR dampererend (@kritter) attached to that cross-member and the RS frame rail. I've been cautioned that the ride there can be pretty rough and to not use a wet battery in that location, but a wet one is what I have. I guess that I'll find out. As Bronco's go this one is more like an "overlander" and much less like a real pre-runner so it may be OK there. Long term I plan on a second Odyssey there too. Maybe a rough trip killing the wet battery will move an Odyssey up in the budget?
Cross-threaded is tighter than Lock-Tite.