Seats You All Love???

VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Seats You All Love???

Post by VintageIronFab »

Hello All,
I am wanting a set of seats. The Mastercraft Baja RS and XD are really my favorites due to the quality and the ability to recline- for me the recline feature is an absolute must. The issue with the Mastercraft is simply that it kind of annoys me that it costs more to have a set of the RS seats in all vinyl and have the harness slots deleted-- like it almost pisses me off but o' well. If I want to recover the rear factory seat to match the fronts. Anyway are there any good alternatives out there to the Mastercraft? The seats dont have to be a suspension style fyi--- $1000 is about the max budget.

Thanks,
Matt
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Re: Seats You All Love???

Post by Rmc »

Eyeball corbeau and PRP they both have suspension recliners I believe. But mastercraft is still tops in my book, save the $ up, your back will thank you.
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

I've sat in the corbeau seats and they are very comfortable. The only thing was the raised sides made getting in and out a bit challenging on a tall truck/jeep.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Check out the Corbeau Baja XRS... http://racing-seats-usa.com/corbeau-baja-xrs.html

Also if it doesnt have to be suspension, check out the seats from Scat/Procar... I have the Elite 1100s with lumbar in my truck and they are fairly comfy for what I paid with vehicle specific brackets
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

I've had both the baja RS and the baja XD. I'm a husky guy and quite honestly, the baja Xd are phenomenal, supportive and comfortable.

I have also heard many folks extremely happy with Corbeau but I don't have any experience with them.
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

twisted stitch seats is one more that have nice option ....
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

I have spent a lot of time in the Mastercrafts including a few long naps in Baja. Reclining seats are a must have in chase trucks LOL......

I bought a set of PRP's for My chicks truck. They were almost the same price as MC's and the quality isn't as good. The ratchet works kind of funny. They are comfortable though. Long term life is still open for debate.
VintageIronFab

Post by VintageIronFab »

Well here is the deal with Mastercraft-- basically all of us want the best deal you can get. Many of your bigger retailers offer free shipping on the bigger items and seats are no different. Well I want a set of the Baja XD seats but at my absolute chubbiest I'm a 36" waist-- well the XD is for a 44" waist. So what I wanted was a pair of the RS which is the same seat only 1" narrower, a 40" waist and has harness slots. What I want is a pair of the RS seats without slots and has front and rear of the smoke black vinyl. Also the RS is supposed to bolt up to the FSB seat brackets and the XD dont. You call 4 wheel parts wholesalers they call MC and they basically dont want to do the deal unless its a direct buy. What it all comes down to is they dont want to do any custom work anymore. So if you want a set of custom seats-- which lets be honest Im not asking for the moon here-- they are basically saying no thanks-- your $1000 isnt really wanted here. The CA economy must be so amazing they can just say hell with it I guess. Aggravating when you want to spend the money because you want the better product but dont want the run of the mill stuff. At this point I am about to buy a set of the Procar Rally Smoothbacks-- I just want a robust reclining mechanism more than anything at this point.
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

Isn't 4wheel parts mostly jeep stuff anyways?
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Prp made me a custom seat 3 weeks ago with a 4 day turn around if its any constellation AND it was right before koh which I would imagine as crunch time for dudes getting ready for the big race.
For me I'd love mastercraft a but if I can't walk in off the street I'm not going to buy a product, period. I realize PRP isn't the most prestigious but what the hell do I care this thing is being built for me not the opinions of the masses and I kept my money local. The cost in my gas tank ads to the cost of the seat.
robertcrav
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

4wheel Parts is becoming more just ProComp and its derivatives...Smittybilt etc. Not just Jeep stuff but you'll get steered towards 'family' brands since the margin is bigger
VintageIronFab

Post by VintageIronFab »

Well 4WP does sell mastercraft-- it pisses me off but I will probably just get the MC and be pissed about it :-)
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

VintageIronFab wrote:Well here is the deal with Mastercraft-- basically all of us want the best deal you can get. Many of your bigger retailers offer free shipping on the bigger items and seats are no different. Well I want a set of the Baja XD seats but at my absolute chubbiest I'm a 36" waist-- well the XD is for a 44" waist. So what I wanted was a pair of the RS which is the same seat only 1" narrower, a 40" waist and has harness slots. What I want is a pair of the RS seats without slots and has front and rear of the smoke black vinyl. Also the RS is supposed to bolt up to the FSB seat brackets and the XD dont. You call 4 wheel parts wholesalers they call MC and they basically dont want to do the deal unless its a direct buy. What it all comes down to is they dont want to do any custom work anymore. So if you want a set of custom seats-- which lets be honest Im not asking for the moon here-- they are basically saying no thanks-- your $1000 isnt really wanted here. The CA economy must be so amazing they can just say hell with it I guess. Aggravating when you want to spend the money because you want the better product but dont want the run of the mill stuff. At this point I am about to buy a set of the Procar Rally Smoothbacks-- I just want a robust reclining mechanism more than anything at this point.
Not that they don't want your $$ - they just don't want to do a custom seat for the super deal rate, which is what big retailers like 4wp gets.
Places like that get those rates because those rates because of volume sales and the fact that that volume is the stuff mastercraft & others knock out all day long, every day. So yeah, your custom order is going to cost a bit more...
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Oh and having owned and ridden in both (and beard and hezco & twisted stitch and Neri style), mastercraft is a better quality seat than PRP, and more comfortable. At least the last time I bought PRPs (about 10 years ago now already!) that was the case. I went mastercraft after that.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Go with the Baja XD. Nobody gets thinner when they get older. Ha
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

Just got my new Corbeau Baja RS seats today and they're incredibly awesome! They look good and I sprung for the double locking Corbeau sliding brackets. Screw the factory brackets that have had issues the last few years when bombing around off-road (mostly due to my mickey mouse welds).

The Corbeau seat brackets are awesome and the seats are supposed to be for a 42-inch waist.... well, looks like they might be a little tighter than that. My little sister who is about 5'3" and 120 pounds really loved the seats. She said they fit her perfect, almost a snug fit.

Unfortunately, I couldn't squeeze myself into them as easy. I was sitting on the bolsters a bit and so I'm now considering ordering a custom set that is 2.5-3 inches wider overall. Wide enough to be big boy friendly but not so wide to interfere with a center console. I have actually sat in Tony's Mastercraft Baja XDs and they are super comfortable and big boy friendly. I've also daily driven in Mastercraft Baja RS seats and although they weren't as comfortable as the XDs, they were totally fine as long as I didn't go on a long road trip. Funny enough, I've also sat in Corbeau LG1 wide seats (darn near the same dimensions as the Corbeau Baja RS seats) and I fit in those comfortably.

I'm hoping I can custom order a wider version and will inquire about this tomorrow.
VintageIronFab

Post by VintageIronFab »

Well Tony and I are gonna be seat buddies because I've got a pair of Baja XD's coming as of today. If it wasn't for the stout reclining mechanism there's no way I would buy the Mastercrafts. Having to pay $200 per seat to have them delete features from a seat is ridiculous. It's the smarmy douche on the phone that tries to rationalize how much extra work it is to do anything off the norm no matter how small the change that really pisses me off. If the other companies has as stout a reclining mech I would have gone that route in a heartbeat.
PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Post by PaulW »

If you are planning or have a full cage then a recliner is probably not an option you want.
I doubt if your cage will have adjustable belt attach compatible with a recliner. Even with a simple 3 point belt setup the recliner use is risky.
Seats use in race vehicles are probably appropriate for a serious prerunner with a full cage. Never seen a recliner in a racer.
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

True... for me tho, its still my dd, and I still need access to the back seat and adjustability... me 6'2", wife 5'3"
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

VintageIronFab wrote:Well Tony and I are gonna be seat buddies because I've got a pair of Baja XD's coming as of today. If it wasn't for the stout reclining mechanism there's no way I would buy the Mastercrafts. Having to pay $200 per seat to have them delete features from a seat is ridiculous. It's the smarmy douche on the phone that tries to rationalize how much extra work it is to do anything off the norm no matter how small the change that really pisses me off. If the other companies has as stout a reclining mech I would have gone that route in a heartbeat.

Don't look at it as 200 a seat to delete features, it 200 to go wider...... Stop worrying about the price, all of the stuff will devalue 50 percent when you put it in hahaa

You are gonna love the seats, it is one of my absolutely favorite mods.