Relocating your Battery ideas??

Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Re: Battery relocation options

Post by Polarcub »

Thanks for the pics Paul
Jeremy
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

Attachments
batterybox.jpg
batterybox.jpg (88.6 KiB) Viewed 1280 times
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
bajabuck
Bronco Info: 87 Bronco with some Autofab parts held on with bailing wire and duct tape

Post by bajabuck »

Autofab makes a very nice battery tray/hold down system that can be mounted anywhere. I am using an Odyssey battery mounted on the outside of the frame rail jsut under the passenger door. I have not had any battery related issues with this set up. Not sure which model battery it is but it's very small and relatively light. Buying my next battery from Philo. Keeping it in the GFB family when I can.
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Mark Keifer has a pretty trick one he mounted under the floor as well.
Cactus Cooler
Bronco Info: 90 Bronco EB EDITION

Relocating your Battery ideas??

Post by Cactus Cooler »

Other than the engine area, where have you guys relocated your battery? I would like to clean up the engine bay area and start making room for future coils and shocks, I was thinking of passenger side located on the frame rail and going with a Optima YT. But little worried about rocks hammering it when at speed in the desert. So i'm thinking maybe dimple die enclosed box. What's your thoughts and maybe some pics of yours if you like to share. Thanks
damon1272

Re: Relocating your Battery ideas??

Post by damon1272 »

Kiefer had a good location as others have moved their batteries around. I plan on stuffing it down by the t-case.
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

Passenger side gets hot because if the exhaust. That being said, Tom has a really cool dual battery setup with the mounts on each side of the frame rail.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/features/121 ... -f250-4x4/
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

poolman
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco,Body off reconstruction. Auto Fab suspension,mix of 84-96 parts.

Post by poolman »

I'm hanging mine off the frame rails just behind door area. Good mid point for wiring accessories and such. Will make a shield down the road,pm
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Here are some pics of the Southwest mount

PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Post by PaulW »

Lots of bs on how to wire a dual batt setup. Here is the KISS method with no fancy relays or isolators.
Just wire & a 4 position boat switch. The boat guys have been doing it the KISS method for years.
Note that if you remote mount the switch or batts be sure to armor your cables. I use split loom and lots of zip ties.
My switch is under the drivers seat and the batts are in back
PW
Attachments
dual batt wiring.jpg
dual batt wiring.jpg (125.98 KiB) Viewed 965 times
Baja
Bronco Info: 95, 5.8, E4OD, 4:88s Front: 4.5 C&T, 2.5 C/O Rear: Deavers Shackles 3.0 bypass All Threat

Post by Baja »

robertcrav wrote:Here are some pics of the Southwest mount

That's really nice and it is up and out of the way. Looks like it makes for a fun fuel filter change :lol:
Redgrom
Bronco Info: 96 bronco 351 and way to many future plans

Post by Redgrom »

So what battery/batteries do you recommend?
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Redgrom
Bronco Info: 96 bronco 351 and way to many future plans

Post by Redgrom »

Thanks for the link!! Still working on my search skills on my phone.
Baja
Bronco Info: 95, 5.8, E4OD, 4:88s Front: 4.5 C&T, 2.5 C/O Rear: Deavers Shackles 3.0 bypass All Threat

Post by Baja »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Run an AGM battery & inside the cab is no big deal at all. That being said in my buddies blazer I was sinking then (duals) into the body just inside the tailgate on either side. I'm pretty sure this would interfere with the shackles on the broncos though.
I could swear that I remember one of the Bronco fab shops, Giant, Solo, or someone like that sold a subsurface battery box at one time. It went under the seat and "sunk" it like you are talking about. It was awesome, but I cannot find who had it. I think I saw it at the Off Road Expo some years back. It would be great there, as long as it didn't interfere with an under bed shock set up. Anyone ever see this premade battery box I speak of?
Baja

Post by Baja »

Agui-E7TE wrote:Passenger side gets hot because if the exhaust. That being said, Tom has a really cool dual battery setup with the mounts on each side of the frame rail.

That looks like the one AutoFab sells
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Baja wrote:
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Run an AGM battery & inside the cab is no big deal at all. That being said in my buddies blazer I was sinking then (duals) into the body just inside the tailgate on either side. I'm pretty sure this would interfere with the shackles on the broncos though.
I could swear that I remember one of the Bronco fab shops, Giant, Solo, or someone like that sold a subsurface battery box at one time. It went under the seat and "sunk" it like you are talking about. It was awesome, but I cannot find who had it. I think I saw it at the Off Road Expo some years back. It would be great there, as long as it didn't interfere with an under bed shock set up. Anyone ever see this premade battery box I speak of?
I seem to think it was Geoff/Giant. Not 100% sure though.

It's not super hard to make custom ones though.
Baja

Post by Baja »

I asked Jeff that one time, but he swore it wasn't him. I think it was though. In fact, I'm almost positive.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Baja wrote:
Agui-E7TE wrote:Passenger side gets hot because if the exhaust. That being said, Tom has a really cool dual battery setup with the mounts on each side of the frame rail.

That looks like the one AutoFab sells
Considering that truck was built at autofab (partly by the owner & partly by the 'fab crew) I'd say you're right. Tom's truck might even have been the truck they designed it on & kept the templates from - not sure.