Mufflers

SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: Mufflers

Post by SteveG »

Rednek Renegade wrote:
SteveG wrote:Very nice!

I used a stock Corvette muffler on an old 4 cylinder Ranger to do the same thing. It was such a nice, simple system. Great flow and great sound with none of that annoying 4 banger resonating. I was super specific when I had it installed and made sure it was super easy to remove, with nice flanges and it was tucked out of harms way. I sold the truck to a kid and a week later he had a hack cut it a part and cobble in a Flowmaster. I was so bummed!

Got any pics? I have a 94 danger ranger with the 2.3L and it sounds like a old VW bug with the stock exhaust sys. Avoiding putting on a muffler cause I am afraid a Magnaflow will sound like a 4cyl. with a fart can. Any tips?
I think I have a bad picture of it at home. I owned this truck when I was REALLY bad about taking pictures. I would check local muffler shops. Tell them you're interested in take-off muffler from a late model Corvette. I got two of them for free. I used one on the Ranger and the other on an Explorer a couple years later.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

SteveG wrote:I think I have a bad picture of it at home. I owned this truck when I was REALLY bad about taking pictures. I would check local muffler shops. Tell them you're interested in take-off muffler from a late model Corvette. I got two of them for free. I used one on the Ranger and the other on an Explorer a couple years later.
I have a few sets of stock take off exhausts from C5s and C6s behind the shop... unless I threw them away on my cleaning sprees.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Rednek Renegade
Bronco Info: 1985 Bronco Xlt 5.8L 4V H.O. C6, NP2o8

Post by Rednek Renegade »

philofab wrote:
I have a few sets of stock take off exhausts from C5s and C6s behind the shop... unless I threw them away on my cleaning sprees.
:o Interested in a price $$$ if your willing to part with one ?
Project el cheap-o
PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Post by PaulW »

shockseals.com wrote:Here is what magnaflow did for me while they used my truck for some fixturing of cats and crossover pipes.

Corvette muffler in/out front. I wanted the muffler to exit in front of leaf springs and angle down at the body line and with the two cats this is the only way to make that happen. They nailed what I wanted and the tig welded SS looks bitchen. Sound isnt any difference really which I dont care one way or the other.
==
Nice install. I should have done one like that. If you deside to head for Baja you will need to add the flex joint which is why I posted my pic. Reason is the short pipe from the front to the last muff hanger does not allow enough flex to prevent breaking the hangers and the pipe to muffler connect. I should have explained.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/?key ... flex&dds=1
Paul