steering wheels

Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

steering wheels

Post by Nick »

What options are out there for steering wheels and adapters?
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Re: steering wheels

Post by Rmc »

Hehehe
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (8.41 KiB) Viewed 1192 times
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

I put a momo wheel in my bronco but returned it due to the depth, I needed a spacer as I stated in another post to move it out away from the turn signal lever. I just returned it and figured I'd find a sparco or a momo with a bit more depth and give it another go agian later.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

There's some tidbits in here I just posted today
http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... =33&t=5044

Oh and they make spacers for the the shallow depth momos & sparcos if you like a style that is not deep.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Off-Road Magazine article on installing a Grant wheel in The Juice

http://www.off-roadweb.com/tech/0908or_ ... to_12.html
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

I too am an the hunt.....here's some info from the Big Bronco section:

http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... =33&t=5044
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

came across this in my daily eBay wanderings and figured it fit the topic at hand. 1.5" spacer for sparco/momo wheel
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5-Steering-Wh ... 1798wt_665
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Over the years I have used many different wheels. I know for a fact the Grant GT steering wheels are junk and bend. In a Bronco a 16" steering wheel gives you some good leverage. My favorite steering wheel Schroeder is used by NASCAR guys. I picked up a used one on Ebay for $75 and it came with a Woodward quick release, Ptt button and a momentary button that can be used as a kill switch or horn button. It even came with a center pad. This is a real racing steering wheel, not a glorified jap crap tuner wheel from O'Riley's Auto Parts.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1395025444018.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1395025444018.jpg (71.53 KiB) Viewed 974 times
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Post by Travisfab »

I just welded a splined piece to the stock steering shaft
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

I've had a momo wheel hanging around for the past 5 years or so, started looking for the adapter to bronco and was having a hard time till I finally navigated to momo's tuner hub section. As we all know terminology can be industry specific. Who would have known its not called an adapter. Well now I know, but figured I'd share a link to the hub page since it finally dawned on me the phone isn't showing all the pages and got on the old pc. So if anyone needs the info it's a 4535 hub ( steering wheel adapter) for 93+ broncos.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Travisfab wrote:I just welded a splined piece to the stock steering shaft
On my Bronco I am ditching the stock colum after the 3rd time breaking the tilt steering. I got a tilt steering setup from Kartek. I had a I had a Contingency sponcor Credit several years back and it didn't cost me anything otherwise I would have fabricated something similar myself. They are around $185 now. I like letting the girls drive. I even had one I taught to jump the Bronco. [attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1395036352961.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1395036352961.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1395036352961.jpg (13.69 KiB) Viewed 960 times
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

If you want a pull pin tilt columb let me know, I sold the same one pictured to my friend for 50$, that's a very hard thing to sell when you change your mind like I did. I can get you in contact with him if you want it. It's been collecting dust in his garage for 2 years now and I'm pretty sure he'd sell it.
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

I agree-- with the above statement about the Grant Wheel-- they are totally junk. Yikes just but a really nice Sparco on his 96 a few weeks ago you might ask him the specifics of his if you like that one.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Rmc wrote:I've had a momo wheel hanging around for the past 5 years or so, started looking for the adapter to bronco and was having a hard time till I finally navigated to momo's tuner hub section. As we all know terminology can be industry specific. Who would have known its not called an adapter. Well now I know, but figured I'd share a link to the hub page since it finally dawned on me the phone isn't showing all the pages and got on the old pc. So if anyone needs the info it's a 4535 hub ( steering wheel adapter) for 93+ broncos.
The momo hub info is here somewhere. I put the numbers & all the info in another steering wheel thread we had. I had a 4535 sitting here for a while & wasn't going to use it right away so I sold it to someone here who was looking at the time.

They come up now & again on eBay, but are discontinued & hard to find.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

I remembered reading that they were discontinued. That's more or less why and how I ended up on Momo's site. According to there online store they have them in stock so well see if they kick my order back.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Good deal if they have um. Let us know. Everything I had read said discontinued.
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Well even Jeg's is showing they have them too--good chance they might have been discontinued but were brought back. I wish the construction of the adapter would be a little more robust looking.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

VintageIronFab wrote:Well even Jeg's is showing they have them too--good chance they might have been discontinued but were brought back. I wish the construction of the adapter would be a little more robust looking.
According to momo the adapter is a collapsible link, so you don't shatter your arms n stuff on impact. They make Indy n gran tourisimo stuff so I assume they did some kind of testing. Who knows.... Could be italian smoke being blown up American asses. Made in china stamped in itialy.