AC controls

tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

AC controls

Post by tcm glx »

Hey guys,
Looking for tips here.

Changed out the heater core on the bronco about a month ago and haven't moved the bronco since.

Finally did take it out, and the cold/hot control doesn't seem to do anything, I am getting nothing but hot air from the vents, regardless whether I am using vent, or AC.

Any thoughts?
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Re: AC controls

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Check the cable and make sure the blend door is moving and in tact Tony.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Check the cable and make sure the blend door is moving and in tact Tony.

The cable that goes around the heater core box? Does that control the temp?
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Check for broken vacuum lines especially the one by the hood hinge. Also, check the actuator behind the glove box and the line running to it.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Got it. Will check and report back status.
hobbyturnedobsession

Yes that cable does. It rotates the nlend doorm
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

Who has a replacement heater blend door number for the 92-96 blend door? 2 trips in a row and no matter how much jerry riggin the cable thru the glove box I couldnt get heat at all so I am assuming the door is broken somehow. cable and cam turns with the control know but no change in temp. I want to have the part on hand when I pull it apart. Google did me no good, everything came back for everything but 92-96.

2nd Separate question: The vaccuum actuator in teh engine compartment near hood hinge hooked to a white plastic vacum line is for fresh air vs recirc air correct? If not, what is its job?

3rd question: Where is the door to close off the dash vents and go floor/defrost only or how does that system work? I know its vaccum and I know when I lug the motor, I lose my AC to the floor so I need to diagnose that vacuum leak too.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
hobbyturnedobsession

shockseals.com wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:50 pm
Who has a replacement heater blend door number for the 92-96 blend door? 2 trips in a row and no matter how much jerry riggin the cable thru the glove box I couldnt get heat at all so I am assuming the door is broken somehow. cable and cam turns with the control know but no change in temp. I want to have the part on hand when I pull it apart. Google did me no good, everything came back for everything but 92-96. I'm sorry I don't know.

2nd Separate question: The vaccuum actuator in teh engine compartment near hood hinge hooked to a white plastic vacum line is for fresh air vs recirc air correct? If not, what is its job? This controls the vent / floor / defrost circuits

3rd question: Where is the door to close off the dash vents and go floor/defrost only or how does that system work? You answered this one in question 2. I know its vaccum and I know when I lug the motor, I lose my AC to the floor so I need to diagnose that vacuum leak too. Typically its where the white vacuum line comes out of the loom. I had to move some tape to see the crack. The blend door is cable actuated to the arm on the top of the heater box. You should be able to hear the blend door move when you rotate the temp knob.
hobbyturnedobsession

Also, did you verify the back of the climate control panel is actually hooked to the cable? I had one break one time.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

shockseals.com wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:50 pm
Who has a replacement heater blend door number for the 92-96 blend door? 2 trips in a row and no matter how much jerry riggin the cable thru the glove box I couldnt get heat at all so I am assuming the door is broken somehow. cable and cam turns with the control know but no change in temp. I want to have the part on hand when I pull it apart. Google did me no good, everything came back for everything but 92-96.
Heat in Wilson is minimal... I need to check this as well.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
tjoey4685
Bronco Info: I really love bronco

Post by tjoey4685 »

Gas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk