Ball joints

Deleted Account
Bronco Info: depends on what day

Re: Ball joints

Post by Deleted Account »

i did a set rick. so far so good.. BUT they are the old style with the short upper.. so the shaft doent stick through
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Back to the top..... planning on doing ball joints this summer..... whats the latest, since apparently the NAPA stuff is made overseas now... seems the lowrider community is saying they are not the same quality as they were before......

Motorcraft? Spicer?
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Ive been running the moog cheapies and havent had any issues.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Ive been running the moog cheapies and havent had any issues.

Autozone?

I was checking Rock Auto and they have the motorcraft for $25 lowerrs and $45 uppers... I remember Mark saying the motorcrafts were strong.....
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

When I install my BTF's I'm using the synergy. They now offer a set for TTB D44... I talked to them at KOH.
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Really? Its about time synergy came out with em! Yeah Tony vatozone balljoints as of now. Ive ran numerous different kinds excluding motorcraft and to be honest I really didnt see a difference. The synergy ball joints would be awesome.
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

Received my TTB refresh quote from Jeremy at Spirit Racing today and it was very well put together. He isn't familiar with the Synergy, but had no problem installing them if I brought them down. They're a ton of dough at $300 for the set.....but I'd like to stay out of the beam business for a while and focus on Phase 2 next.

Steve is the closest to these cats there in SLO.......what say you today Steven?

Anybody else actually ever buy and install them?
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Wasn't cst making 300 m balljoints a few years back ? Do they make them for d44?
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

What say me? I don't know anything about them. Synergy sure does sound cool, though!
drewbee88
Bronco Info: Rhonda the Bronco is her name, shredding dirt is her game.

Post by drewbee88 »

1Hondalover wrote:Received my TTB refresh quote from Jeremy at Spirit Racing today and it was very well put together. He isn't familiar with the Synergy, but had no problem installing them if I brought them down. They're a ton of dough at $300 for the set.....but I'd like to stay out of the beam business for a while and focus on Phase 2 next.

Steve is the closest to these cats there in SLO.......what say you today Steven?

Anybody else actually ever buy and install them?
They look good. The jeep guys swear by them for wheeling. I don't see the cost being justified personally. I mean how many people are racing on stock ball joints with beams? The beams design takes a lot of the stress off the ball joints due to it not articulating and it being a ifs setup. I thought about running them, but decided the money was better uses elsewhere.
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

Kiefer installed a set in someones Bronco but I dont remember who.

I was going to run them on mine when I installed the +3.5 beams only because the Napa premium ones arent as good as they used to be (buddy who worked for Napa said they changed and weren't as strong as before). If you price 4 Napa ones its not double the cost and I considered it cheap peace of mind. :)
Baja
Bronco Info: 95, 5.8, E4OD, 4:88s Front: 4.5 C&T, 2.5 C/O Rear: Deavers Shackles 3.0 bypass All Threat

Post by Baja »

So which one of you did ball joints last, what did you use and how are they holding up in heavy off road use?

I posted a new ball joint thread, so that can be deleted.
Baja
Bronco Info: 95, 5.8, E4OD, 4:88s Front: 4.5 C&T, 2.5 C/O Rear: Deavers Shackles 3.0 bypass All Threat

Post by Baja »

Based on my research, I ended up getting the Ratbestos ball joints from Carquest. And just FYI...they said they are going to be switching to Moog for their premium line. Something about a merger. I think with Advanced Auto, but not certain.
Baja

Post by Baja »

lol not Rat-bestos, but rather Raybestos. They are the gold plated jobs with the blue boots.
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

An fyi on the Raybestos ball joints-- price shop the hell out of them because with a tiny amount of planning you can save a fair amount online.
birdco85
Bronco Info: 95 5.8 MAF E4OD

Post by birdco85 »

Yeah I just went to car quest today and they ~$100 per side for the raybestos. And the counter guy did say a merger with advanced and they are going to moog. Amazon has the raybestos for about $55 a side with prime.
Baja

Post by Baja »

birdco85 wrote:Yeah I just went to car quest today and they ~$100 per side for the raybestos. And the counter guy did say a merger with advanced and they are going to moog. Amazon has the raybestos for about $55 a side with prime.
That's a great deal!
birdco85
Bronco Info: 95 5.8 MAF E4OD

Post by birdco85 »

I ended up buying the raybestos ones. Price went down a little. I think they were closer to $50 a side. Can't complain about that.
Cactus Cooler
Bronco Info: 90 Bronco EB EDITION

Post by Cactus Cooler »

Hate to beat a dead horse...er Bronco , but was wondering if anyone has tried these ball joints? Mevotech https://youtu.be/DtaKGPmfhXQ I need to do mine and remembered this topic. Any thoughts? price was similar to the moog and Napa brand on line.
I'M ALL JACKED UP ON MOUNTIN DEWwwwww!
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

I just bought a set of Raybestos for $102 off ebay-- I did see the Mevotech and wondered about them as well. All I will say is on stuff like balljoits, belts, hoses, fan clutches-- hell you name it-- if you don't need it to go to work tomorrow you will be blown away in the savings you can find on ebay with a simple part number search! Amazon Is only really good if you are a Prime member or don't live in AZ so you don't get whacked for the tax or shipping costs.
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)