Cargo/tool storage solutions.

rezrider
Bronco Info: 88 OJ Special, trail ready but not rock worthy

Re: Rear cargo storage sollutions.

Post by rezrider »

tcm glx wrote:I have 7 hooks in the cargo area. 4 around the right size to hold down a 35" flat on the ground, on the driver side. And then another two on the passeneger side, which hold down a rubbermaid cargo box. The realy pain in the ass for me is how to carry my subwoofer box, so I am going to eventually build a fiberglass enclosure in the passeneger side cubby.
I have the same set up except no subwoofer. I put the box on top of the spare and strapped them down...that left room on the side for a cooler or in your case subwoofer box and maybe a small cooler. My longterm plan is to put in a cage with a racj system in the back to hold the spare (mounted above the box) and the box is loose or strapped so it can be slid in and out easily. with room on the side of it for a cooler and ???
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: Rear cargo storage solutions.

Post by SteveG »

FYI: I merged The topic "Post Re: How do you utilize your back cargo area?" with this one as they were basically the same thread.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

Bumpin this thread to get more ideas on tie down locations and spare tire/prerun tote location.
Steve, where did you get the anchors you have in your truck? The kind the lay flat when not in use.
I wont be able to drop the gas tank before the baja trip so im going to have to go around it for now.
Has anyone put anchors closer up to the cab like if you were to remove the bench?
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

RyanDS650X wrote:Steve, where did you get the anchors you have in your truck? The kind the lay flat when not in use.
I wont be able to drop the gas tank before the baja trip so im going to have to go around it for now.
Has anyone put anchors closer up to the cab like if you were to remove the bench?
Mine are out of mid to late 90's GM SUV's like Blazers, S10 Blazers, etc. There's no need to drop the tank for these. Just get creative. and use a short drill bit or a socket or something over the bit to make sure you don't drill through the tank!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
greaslife
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.

Post by greaslife »

Bump let's see what has changed with keeping the junk in your trunk.

Ima going too be doing something in the rear off mine and get the pair off the rear bumper.iam just looking for more ideas.
I have been me for 32 years and know i cant spell for Sh!$ so get over it . Thanks Josh
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

Saw these bins at Home Depot on sale.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Tchajagos wrote:Saw these bins at Home Depot on sale.
I picked up a few of those and really like them...I like that they kind of interlock and they are sturdy...
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

Problem with these as you can easily overload them making them a ball buster to load and unload. After 2 years of 2x 24 gallon rubbermaid action packers I am going to 2, 8 gallon action packers to cut some weight and increase cargo room. I figure I know what breaks and doesnt that I can limit my spares inventory. Murphys law says as soon as I reduce it, I will break whatever it is I removed from the pit box.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

shockseals.com wrote:
Problem with these as you can easily overload them making them a ball buster to load and unload. After 2 years of 2x 24 gallon rubbermaid action packers I am going to 2, 8 gallon action packers to cut some weight and increase cargo room. I figure I know what breaks and doesnt that I can limit my spares inventory. Murphys law says as soon as I reduce it, I will break whatever it is I removed from the pit box.
I can see that...but I can store my aluminum floor jack with skid in one of these...can't in an 8gal and the action packers slide around + way more expensive for my budget
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

shockseals.com wrote:
Id be curious to know what youve narrowed it down too.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Check out
http://artecindustries.3dcartstores.com ... c_137.html
Pretty cool fluid storage solutions.
93Broncobuff
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's

Post by 93Broncobuff »

mine
Attachments
IMG_1163 (640x480).jpg
IMG_1163 (640x480).jpg (201.89 KiB) Viewed 2062 times
IMG_1162 (640x480).jpg
IMG_1162 (640x480).jpg (197.73 KiB) Viewed 2062 times
IMG_1161 (640x480).jpg
IMG_1161 (640x480).jpg (203.62 KiB) Viewed 2062 times
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Mine
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1360725017133.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1360725017133.jpg (44.13 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
uploadfromtaptalk1360725001675.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1360725001675.jpg (46.13 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
93Broncobuff
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's

Post by 93Broncobuff »

damn it i need a floor J n O2 setup!!!! hahahah Randy as usual ur shit rocks!!!!!!!
hobbyturnedobsession

Just different ideas!!! Yours it bitchen too Matt. Well hook it up with the same gear.
Rmc
El Jefe

The toolbox u need for the back of your rig

Post by Rmc »

So I figured I'd share a few pics of my work toolbox, as ive mentioned before i travel around and repair machinery, it can hold nearly everything you will ever need. In my case I have what I need to do any repair needed outside of electrical ( I keep connectors,soldering iron ect in a seperate box). Anyway there's a lot of pallet configurations ( the black things with the wrench holsters) and sizes available in this tool box style, mine has wheels and a telescopic dolly handle. I've flown all over the country with my stuff safe and sound, inspite of airline employees kicking the crap out of it. There's quite a few companies that make them but there perfect to keep your stuff organized and secured in the back of your bronco. There available at http://www.jensentools.com . Side note: the people at pick a part trip out on me.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (160.54 KiB) Viewed 2032 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (176.51 KiB) Viewed 2032 times
Rmc
El Jefe

Re: The toolbox u need for the back of your rig

Post by Rmc »

Zipper bags: 1 for sockets, punches, pullers, Allen wrenches, bits n drivers, specialty tools ect.
hobbyturnedobsession

Tool bag with sockets and wrenches in different freezer bags.
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

I will have that, one day.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Tool bag with sockets and wrenches in different freezer bags.
Lol gotta love ziplock