Cargo/tool storage solutions.

Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Re: The toolbox u need for the back of your rig

Post by Rmc »

Ill post up my old boxes if u guys are interested, I replace them when they loose the wheels usually, but there plenty strong to jump up n down on. I've thrown one away and gave another to my old neighbor in the past year n a half.
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Hey man it works! I keep the metric n standards separated.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

I keep a soft bag in the bronco also, I havent put a hard case together for it, someday.
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Its easy for me with the soft case. It keeps it simple for my simple mind.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Merging with another storage thread....
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: Cargo/tool storage solutions.

Post by SteveG »

Rmc wrote:So I figured I'd share a few pics of my work toolbox, as ive mentioned before i travel around and repair machinery, it can hold nearly everything you will ever need. In my case I have what I need to do any repair needed outside of electrical ( I keep connectors,soldering iron ect in a seperate box). Anyway there's a lot of pallet configurations ( the black things with the wrench holsters) and sizes available in this tool box style, mine has wheels and a telescopic dolly handle. I've flown all over the country with my stuff safe and sound, inspite of airline employees kicking the crap out of it. There's quite a few companies that make them but there perfect to keep your stuff organized and secured in the back of your bronco. There available at http://www.jensentools.com . Side note: the people at pick a part trip out on me.

That thing is fantastic, Robert. Have you used it off-road? Does everything stay in place while bouncing around?

I have a couple Bucket Boss tool rolls that are a huge help. As others have mentioned, using big totes makes them a pain in the butt to move around. Even though I use large-ish totes, I use lots of pouches, bags, rolls, etc. that make digging for a specific part/tool, easier. Here are a couple that I like. The Bucket Boss rolls were really reasonable. The Snap-On rolls were stupid expensive. I plan to have these modified to hold some more small wrenches later. What I should have done was make them custom to begin with....
Hardly anything in them at the moment....
Hardly anything in them at the moment....
uploadfromtaptalk1369105582568.jpg (48.53 KiB) Viewed 2116 times
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

The only time something will come out of place is if u turn it upside down and jar it pretty hard in that position. I've jumped many a railroad track crossing and gone through the rough stuff with the box unsecured in the back thumping and pounding away. At a worse case my snips will slide out but it's still secured between the sandwich of the pallets. I used to use wrench rolls instead zipper bags but stuff slid out in transport, then I used carabiners through the box end of my wrenches. The carabiner idea worked but was a pain when u needed the wrench in the middle. So now I zipper pouch everything. They sell many foam filled boxes like these as well, u cut out a space for every tool and place them in there own cubby so to speak. My co-worker loves his and says the foam is oil resistant as well. The Gucci of technitian boxes is pelican but I'm not about to drop 400$+ on a case the airlines treat so poorly. There designed for abuse, there origin is military telecommunications. I suggest a roto tote style there cheaper and less expensive as the mil spec ones. The model shown is a mil spec roto ruged horizontal. Poke around the sight link i listed keeping in mind the types of tools u want to carry and note the pallet size to match your box. If there's a void or space in your stuff a simple sheet of foam will garanty no movement. It doubles as a knee pad when needed as well, or an Ass pad in my case while I'm searching new threads on gfb :)
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I got the wrench wraps that live in the truck cheap on ebay a few years back. They taper down pretty good to hold the smaller wrenches and I keep um roller up pretty tight so nothing comes out. For general tools in the truck I used my buddies idea and got one of those 200+ piece crescent tool kits when costco had them a couple years back. Has all sorts of stuff you need in a small package and every tool snaps into the case. What isn't in there is in smaller, zippered tool bags.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

I think these might be my next storage upgrade: http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/fr ... 3BPelfzeIm

4 of those will fit perfectly next to my fridge.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Can't beat the price. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than a pelican case and looks just as tough.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

They're nowhere as good as the Pelican stuff but they look good and are significantly cheaper. I like that the sides aren't tapered like most types and that they're designed to stack so they don't slide around on each other.

You can also buy a zippered interior liner/organizer that looks cool but it adds another $25 per.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

SteveG wrote:I think these might be my next storage upgrade: http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/fr ... 3BPelfzeIm

4 of those will fit perfectly next to my fridge.
Jason Stroud (7D6F250) and I checked these guys out at the off-road expo, they have a ton of really cool products

we really thought the camp grill that fits over the spare was pretty slick, and their roof racks are hella strong

http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/fr ... 3EEO_ldVwY
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

That thing is sweet. The only thing that would make it better is a shovel loop to lift it out of the fire.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

If anyone is interested in the Frontrunner storage boxes, they're having a free shipping sale this weekend.

http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/

Coupon code: GETTOMEFREE
Cactus Cooler
Bronco Info: 90 Bronco EB EDITION

Post by Cactus Cooler »

Always thought this was pretty cool for grilling. Small, compact, flat storage. A friend of mine brought one to the B1000 a couple of years ago just big enough for a Tri Tip. www.slatgrills.com.
Cactus Cooler
Bronco Info: 90 Bronco EB EDITION

Post by Cactus Cooler »

pics
Attachments
SlatGrill-stainlesstitaniumAuxAnchor.jpg
SlatGrill-stainlesstitaniumAuxAnchor.jpg (129.41 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
SlatGrill-stainlesstitaniumAnchor.png
SlatGrill-stainlesstitaniumAnchor.png (289.16 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

I was looking at those not too long ago. I like that it packs small....
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Pretty cool idea.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

I got one of these for the bronco