4.56 and MPG's

94EddieBauer
Bronco Info: 94 EB 4inBDS Lift, 33x12.50 BFG AT, 302 Bassani Headers, Custom Bumpers/Sliders, Winch,Lights,Stereo

Re: 4.56 and MPG's

Post by 94EddieBauer »

shockseals.com wrote:
hobbyturnedobsession wrote:I pulled a pop up trailer and put 20 gallons of fuel in the bronco at pismo. That gave me just under a full tank. The f150 pulling an enclosed trailer got 28 gallons of fuel and the tank is 8 gallons more than my bronco. The f150 averaged 13.8 and when we got to wildomar, it had maybe 20 miles left. When I got back I had a quarter of a tank and made it to work and back. Mind you the f150 has a larger tank than the bronco.

How do you calc mileage on "just under a full tank", "quarter tank" and "maybe 20 miles left"?

What F150 has a 41 gallon tank or why does your bronco not have the 33 gallon tank?

I was wondering the same thing..
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I personally filled our company truck that went on the trip with 38 gallons of fuel. I put 30 gallons in my bronco as I can't fully top it off. When we left pismo both on full, I ended up with just over a quarter of a tank back. I drove the company truck back to the office and barely made it back. (I'm not going to put fuel in a company truck on my dime of course). I mean I showed 0 on the to empty warning. With the bronco I drove it from home to work then back home and got gas the next morning. And I just ran it with 12 gallons and made it 164 miles. Thats from wildomar to corona and back 4 times. With the a/c thats just over 13.5 miles per gallon.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:I personally filled our company truck that went on the trip with 38 gallons of fuel. I put 30 gallons in my bronco as I can't fully top it off. When we left pismo both on full, I ended up with just over a quarter of a tank back. I drove the company truck back to the office and barely made it back. (I'm not going to put fuel in a company truck on my dime of course). I mean I showed 0 on the to empty warning. With the bronco I drove it from home to work then back home and got gas the next morning. And I just ran it with 12 gallons and made it 164 miles. Thats from wildomar to corona and back 4 times. With the a/c thats just over 13.5 miles per gallon.
Thats not an accurate method of measuring mpg. Estimate, sure.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
hobbyturnedobsession

definate estimate
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:definate estimate
Best way to do it is fill the tank and reset your trip odometer (If it's accurate), then divide the mileage by the gallons you fill it back to full with. It only works if the tank is completely full both times.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
hobbyturnedobsession

Thats why I can't get a perfect answer. The filler neck is leaking.
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

I have 95 MAF 5.8 E4OD and HEAVY ass 35" Baja's with 3.55's. Heading up to the Silverstate 300 last weekend I filled up before leaving Garden Grove and filled up in Henderson. Using the odometer I got 11.8mpg but the speedo hasn't been corrected for the 35's and runs about 10% off. 213miles was probably 234 but I didn't calculate with 234miles (234 would have been closer to 13mpg) . I was surprised because I usually get 10mpg no matter what I do. Only thing different was I followed the race trailer and we ran 60-70mph and I usually drive 70-80mph.
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
RSR

Post by RSR »

Silverslk wrote:I have 95 MAF 5.8 E4OD and HEAVY ass 35" Baja's with 3.55's. Heading up to the Silverstate 300 last weekend I filled up before leaving Garden Grove and filled up in Henderson. Using the odometer I got 11.8mpg but the speedo hasn't been corrected for the 35's and runs about 10% off. 213miles was probably 234 but I didn't calculate with 234miles (234 would have been closer to 13mpg) . I was surprised because I usually get 10mpg no matter what I do. Only thing different was I followed the race trailer and we ran 60-70mph and I usually drive 70-80mph.

Speed does kill fuel economy. A while back I was traveling to visit some customers. I at just filled up at a truck stop, topped the tank off and reset the trip odometer and average fuel economy. I pulled on the interstate behind a fifthwheel traveling about the speed I wanted to travel (about 75). I'm out here where the wind blows constantly. I had about a 15-20 mph headwind. While staying at a safe distance behing the trailer, I was averaging 21 mpg. I switched the setting to instant fuel economy and pulled over into the other lane. The mpg fell of to 15mpg immediately. This was in a 2008 chevy 4 door half ton.