Holley Truck Avenger....

westco

Holley Truck Avenger....

Post by westco »

I have the Holley Truck Avenger on my Bronco...it stumbles when i take off a little hard, when i look down the front two venturis(sp) as i'm facing the windshield the one on the left has a healthy spray but the one on the right barely gets any fuel..also after driving it if i'm standing close to the front I get a good smell of raw gas but I don't see any leaks. Any input?
Rednek Renegade
Bronco Info: 1985 Bronco Xlt 5.8L 4V H.O. C6, NP2o8

Re: Holley Truck Avenger....

Post by Rednek Renegade »

Have you played with the accelerator pump at all? Also look down the venturi and see if there is any carbon! If nothing else I usually start by screwing in the idle mix screws till they bottom out, Count the number of turns!!! If they are both not at the same setting you could be running one bank leaner then the other. Bring them back out the same amount of turns that it took too bottom them out, Then report back.
Project el cheap-o
westco

Post by westco »

No I haven't messed with the accelerator pump...why should I? I'll try the idle screws tomorrow. Thanks
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

just a heads up on the truck avenger - depending on how long you have had it, holley had problems with the earlier ones with this same problem. it was a flaw in the carb that could not be fixed by the customer. holley was fixing them under warranty. i would give holley a call because it could be the same problem and not matter what you do you will never fix it because it is unfixable. i read this on classicbroncos.com a while ago, not sure what the exact problem was but lots of guys were sending their carbs to holley and once they got them back, they bolted them on and it ran perfect.
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
westco

Post by westco »

PBR wrote:just a heads up on the truck avenger - depending on how long you have had it, holley had problems with the earlier ones with this same problem. it was a flaw in the carb that could not be fixed by the customer. holley was fixing them under warranty. i would give holley a call because it could be the same problem and not matter what you do you will never fix it because it is unfixable. i read this on classicbroncos.com a while ago, not sure what the exact problem was but lots of guys were sending their carbs to holley and once they got them back, they bolted them on and it ran perfect.

Thanks for the info...i have had the carb for a couple of years. Gonna call Holley first see what they say.
BajaDale

Post by BajaDale »

I've had that problem before too. I went back to the parts store and got a newer version of the same carb. After talking to Holley I asked how do I know it's the newer version they said the tag on the older problem carbs had a -1 on the tag and the newer updated version had a -2 on the tag.