Manual trans master and slave brands questions and quality

philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Manual trans master and slave brands questions and quality

Post by philofab »

I need to replace my clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder, and possibly a couple bushing on the linkage. I'd prefer Ford stuff but I have yet to locate a Ford dealer near here that delivers. Closest one is an hour away...

So... does anyone have any experience with the Wagner and Sachs brands? I need to get this done soon as this trans is about destroyed, the clutch is slipping under hard power and has been hot to many times, and I need to fill the slave every 3-4 days now.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: Manual trans master and slave brands questions and quality

Post by SteveG »

I've used clutch master and slave cylinders from all different suppliers and don't recall ever having a problem. I'm sure we've had a bad one at some point but it's rare enough that I don't remember it. I think either of those would be fine.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

SteveG wrote:I've used clutch master and slave cylinders from all different suppliers and don't recall ever having a problem. I'm sure we've had a bad one at some point but it's rare enough that I don't remember it. I think either of those would be fine.
Thanks Steve! I don't trust non Ford OEM parts sometimes. To much cheap crap out there these days. As you know, the slave on these requires trans removal and that's not something I ever care to do in Mexico or while traveling.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

philofab wrote:Thanks Steve! I don't trust non Ford OEM parts sometimes. To much cheap crap out there these days. As you know, the slave on these requires trans removal and that's not something I ever care to do in Mexico or while traveling.
Very true. I can check my Motorcraft supplier in the morning if you want. If they don't service it AC Delco might.
Sho nuff,
SteveG