12v power for switch pros

KrondoUSA
Bronco Info: 96 Bronco Eddie Bauer solo/desolate/threat stage 4

12v power for switch pros

Post by KrondoUSA »

Looking for some input on a 12v wire I can tap for the switch pros sp9100. I was initially going to tap into the cigar lighter wire but found out it was a constant on. Looking for something that’s Key on, engine off and near passenger side interior or engine bay. I do not know the first thing about wiring and what would be the correct way to go about doing this so sorry if this is a rookie question. Any info is greatly appreciated!
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Re: 12v power for switch pros

Post by Wrightracing.net »

The Switch Pro is basically a solid-state relay. If you wire it properly there should be a power supply directly from the battery. This is the power to supply all your lights and accessories. Then you have the Light Blue wire, which is a ignition sensor trigger wire. It turns the Switch Pro unit on when you turn on your ignition. This wire is a low amperage line, just a trigger. The simplest place to connect that is the stereo power line. You can tap the power off the main wire harness going into the stereo. Use a test light to make sure it is the correct power wire in the ignition/accessories circuit. Hookup the test light and turn the key on and off to make sure it is the right line.

The Switch Pro has two other trigger wires, one for the lights which is white and a Pink trigger wire for other automatic setups.

I would tap power off the dash lights.

A test light is your friend. It or a multimeter. Test light is simple for just seeing voltage on or off. It can even show you if the dash light line you are taping of of dims when you dim the dash lights, to make sure you are on the right line.

Read the directions, they will help. I have never put a Switch Pro system in, but I slept in a Holiday Inn last night and I play a Automotive electrical expert on TV. ImageImage

Seriously, read the instruction, it took me less than a minute to get the wiring info above from Switch Pros.

Here are the instructions,
Good luck...

https://www.switchpros.com/wp-content/u ... 285489.pdf

David