Scoop or side Vent for transmission coolers

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Scoop or side Vent for transmission coolers

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Ok, I know you are saying, another post From David ImageImage

Ok, the topic is about putting Transmission coolers on the side of a Bronco behind the door behind the quarter panel. I saw Brandon Hollander had vents built into his Bronco quarter panels and he said it was a lot of work.

I may be smoking crack or just a dumb redneck, but I thought of two options.

One is a hot rod louver panel over a opening in the upper part of the quarter panels. Then mount a 10x10 cooler with a puller fan.

Second and I think a 10"×13"×2" hood scoop. It would pull more air in, but do you think it would look weird or bad on a 72 Bronco. The quarter panels will be stretched about 12 or 13 inches over stock and they will be cut and flared instead of uncut like Chris Wilson originally did. I know now the Class 3 Early Bronco Glen and Chris built has cut and flared rear quarter panels. I am doing the cut ones, because I will be running 37X12.50R tires instead of 35x12.50x15.

So am I crazy, stupid or nuts. My Bronco is going to see a lot of time in the dunes and the transmission likes to cook. So two transmission coolers with fans on either side. Then a good 40k lbs GVWR engine oil cooler up front like my F350 trans cooler and I have 2 spal 16in fan's and a CBR fan shroud. 30x19 or close to stock 86 Bronco size 4 core aluminum radiator.

Just trying to keep it cool. I am also changing the C6 valve body to a reverse manual valve body and I have a Art Carr shifter already, I just need to get the new indicator stickers.ImageImageImageImageImage

David