ARB AIR LOCKER

mobil1syn
Bronco Info: 1996 - operation mijo hauler

Re: ARB AIR LOCKER

Post by mobil1syn »

also keep in mind those compressures that put out big volumes are HUGE power consumers.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

mobil1syn wrote:https://irate4x4.com/threads/is-the-non ... eak.394527 some good discussion here about them.

just like brake lines, air line routing is key to reliability. people get lazy and thats where the failures come in. the new arbs come with a banjo fitting options, get that and they you can use a -3an banjo and run a stainless line close to the housing.
I like the Idea of running braided stainless steel lines. My thought is to run the air line like the brake lines with them being routed down the top of the radius arm side by side with R-type clamps on the driver's side.

I am not sure where I am mounting the compressor and tank yet. Space will be the factor on how big of a tank I can put in there. I have a mini dual tank that holds 4 gallons and can be mounted together or separate. Only drawback is they are a bit heavy being steel. They were from a small air nail gun compressor that the pump died on.. Also the compressor needs fresh air to keep it cool, I'm thinking of a enclose under the back with a 6in spal fan on the enclose. I want to keep it out of the cabin, because of noise.

I am not to worried about power, I plan to run dual Dakota Lithium lifepo4 100ah batteries and a 250amp altinator with a Premium arc welder. I even am thinking of running flex solar panels on the hard top, so I can run a ARB or similar 12v refrigerator.

All this would be great for long trips in Baja. This is my last big build for myself and I want to get many year's of off road fun into my retirement.

As for builds for friends, I already have a 1990 Bronco I will be helping next year with a cage and long travel suspension. It will be nice to spend someone else's money, he can do the heavy lifting and I can teach him what I learned from Glen Straightiff year's ago.

David

mobil1syn
Bronco Info: 1996 - operation mijo hauler

Post by mobil1syn »

https://www.yotamasters.com/shop/differ ... or-cksa12/ - if you want to make your life simple, you could use this just for the lockers. its super compact and fits the bill well. an air tank is not needed for the locker operation, now if you want it for other things thats another discussion.

if you want to get fancy and have all the air you could want, look into a york compressor setup or the various other repurposed AC compressors. this was vary popular back in the early 2000s for rockcrawlers.
PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Post by PaulW »

Times are changing pretty quickly. Many new compressors out there and it seems they are nearly equal to the high price traditional ones with the same reliability with better performance.
Now days a low flow locker compressor with 100psi output go for 50 to 100 dollars. About a quarter of the price of the ARB version.
Want to fill big tires the going price for a 12v compressor is around the same price as the ARB quoted and will have about 5-10 times the air flow.
For big air flow the ARB twin compressor is more that 2 times the cost of competitors and has about half the flowrate.
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I have a tank and compressor setup on my 350 to fill my airbags and tires. Its an amazon setup. I will tell you this. With a vixen compressor and 1.5 Gallon air tank, I am quite impressed. It works good all around. From bikes to dirt bikes to bigger tires. My bug has 32x10r15s and I've aired up way more than once. Between the tank and the compressor, it'll do really well for 350.00. I also added paddle switches for the air bags, and a dual needle gauge in the cab along with a seperate fuse panel and a switch to run it.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.