SENDING UNIT IN TRANSFER CASE

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

SENDING UNIT IN TRANSFER CASE

Post by Wrightracing.net »

This is an Idea I was going over in my head.

Has anyone put a fluid level sender in a NP205 transfer case? I need to check out the case and see if there is a place to put a non moving parts fuel sender from a boat or fuel cell type.

I know Atlas 2 transfer cases have a Sight tube with a clear flexible tube that can discolor or be punctured. Most people don't have an issue. But you have to go under the truck to see the level. It might be an option for the NP205, but I don't really like it.

I have thought of other parts that hold fluids. It would be interesting to put temperature senders and fluid level sender's in the axles, radiator and the windshield washer fluid reservoir. I did pickup a 4 liter washer reserivor for my Bronco, but at this time, I don't know if I can find a place for it with all the engine cage and long travel fox 3.0x16 bypass and 3.0x16 coilover shocks. We will see.

Like I said, this is me thinking out loud and I thought it would be a good discussion on the forum. I am out of commission with a herniated disc in my lower back, so all I can do is play around on forums and collect parts online for my Bronco project that will have a 72 early Bronco body on my 1986 Bronco chassis. I am basically copying the Bronco Glen Straightiff and Chris Wilson build for racing. Mine will not be for racing, maybe for a NORRA RACE ONE day, but not likely. Mine will have a fully included cockpit and a rear Mastercraft Bench seat. It will have AC and heating from vintage air. It will basically be a FULL-SIZE Early Bronco luxury Prerunner.

I just need back surgery and hope it works, so I can get back to work on it.

Let's see what you think about the sending unit ideas.

David