38 Gallon ford Truck gas tank

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

38 Gallon ford Truck gas tank

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Has anyone put a Ford Truck rear gas tank in a Bronco? I am thinking of replacing the stock tank with a new 38 gallon one. Has anyone tried it?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Re: 38 Gallon ford Truck gas tank

Post by BDKW1 »

I have put a Bronco tank in a F250. Bronco tank is shorter front to rear than a F250 rear tank. Not sure about the cab and chassis tank.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Re: 38 Gallon ford Truck gas tank

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I will have to lookup the dimensions of both and see if I might move the cross bar to be able to mount the 38 gallon tank. 5 more gallons makes a difference in the desert, especially in Baja. I plan to run two 5 gallon military style cans on my swing away tire carrier, one with water and one with gas, giving me 43 gallons total. I am not too concerned about the wait, because my leaf springs were made for a friend's stock full race truck and a 50 gallon fuel cell. My leafs were a backup set and after he converted the truck to a Class 8, he gave them to me. It is awesome to get hand me down free parts from friends race trucks. Image That is how I got my set of King 3.0x18 smooth body shocks for the Bronco. Image

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk