Bolt on housing

TexasBronco
Bronco Info: 92 Eddie Bauer 302 for now

Bolt on housing

Post by TexasBronco »

I’ve found a few bolt on front housings but, can’t find the inner stub axle. Does anyone have some or know where to find them. Also, has anyone tried to adapt a C clip stub axle into a bolt on housing?
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Re: Bolt on housing

Post by VintageIronFab »

I'm sure there is a way to modify the C-clip housings to hold the stub axle in but I've not heard anyone who's really done the work to get the work figured out.
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I think it would not be to difficult to fabricate a bearing retainer and tap some holes in the case.

As for stub axles, you can get them from Dutchman and bearing's through Dana I think. Or find a aftermarket equivalent. If you are converting a c clip housing, you can find a press on version like a semi floater bearing for the 9".

If someone took the time to do it, that could be a good part for selling.
That is something I would like to put in my catalog of parts one day when I get my fabrication side of Wright Racing going. A 9" 40 spline TTB front end is another one I want to do.

David Wright

ntsqd
Bronco Info: '70 Early Bronco SuperCab Shortbed Pick-up "Bronc-up" aka "Frank(entruck)", '96 OJB "Blanc-Oh!"

Post by ntsqd »

I just recently talked to Dutchman about buying a whole axle set and they can't supply it. They don't make the RS stub and slip-yoke. Something about they couldn't make the part any stronger than stock due to some geometry constraints.

Anyone know a good source for these inner RS parts?
Cross-threaded is tighter than Lock-Tite.