Cruise control

biggiek
Bronco Info: 92 Ford Bronco

Cruise control

Post by biggiek »

I know CC isnt always needed but nice to have on those long drives. Anyways on my 92 it started to work intermittently where it takes a couple taps to keep the initial set speed but loses speed easily and the resume/coast features are not working. I've done some testing and digging but keep finding half ass responses. Anyone have a similar issue previously with the vaccum/electric style? From what I read it appears tied to the servo module and the cable to the throttle body that keeps speed but can tell if it's that loose as it's always had some slop to it. Any info to avoid me going under the dash would be great.
decker
Bronco Info: 1996 5.8/E40d lifted and beat

Re: Cruise control

Post by decker »

Has your Bronco had the recall done on the stop switch? If not, it could be failing. If it has, check to make sure that fuse isnt loose/wiggling. Also, disconnect the electrical side of the servo and make sure it's clean and contacts are making contact. Mine started having problems with those points, cleaned and reseated all the connectors then it started working again.
biggiek
Bronco Info: 92 Ford Bronco

Re: Cruise control

Post by biggiek »

Its pre electronic controlled. Vaccum controlled with electronic input via steering wheel.