Rear seat replacement

decker
Bronco Info: 1996 5.8/E40d lifted and beat

Rear seat replacement

Post by decker »

Hi all, been looking around and I havent seen what I'm looking for. We're a family of 5, so I need to retain 3 across seating in the rear of my Bronco. The stock bench does not give the head/neck protection I want for my children. I havent allowed them to ride in it since the oldest got too big for her car seat.

I've been looking at the simple answer, replacing the rear bench with a 50-54" wide 3 spot bench from PRP or similar, however these would leave me with only lap belts (not ideal at all) or 4/5 points. While better off road, the 4/5 points would not be ideal for on road.

I was also looking at taking the 3 across rear bench from either a Ford Transit or a Sprinter. Each of those should fit and come with built in 3 points. Anyone else do something like this?

I plan on doing a Solo motorsports type cage eventually in this Bronco as well.
mobil1syn
Bronco Info: 1996 - operation mijo hauler

Re: Rear seat replacement

Post by mobil1syn »

prp used to make a round headrest rock crawlers would use with a low back seat. maybe make a frame off the mounting points in the back and use those?

you are going to have an issue with room for the larger seats. my son is 5 and his car seat for ever thing about torches the roof.