Aluminum Door Panels

Jasonj105
Bronco Info: 1989 Bronco, 5.8, C6

Re: Aluminum Door Panels

Post by Jasonj105 »

I just got an Eastwood bead roller a few months ago. I have never used another one. It seems ok, you just have to tighten to rollers kind of tight to get them to work good.
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Post by Travisfab »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Thats not bad. Whats the style?

Nothing yet. Give me some input. I'd like to keep the arm rest and delete the lower pockets.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Are u planning on making the molds? I think a bead rolled border all the way around, no lower pocket, smooth transition to the factory door handle bulge and a hole or bulging pocket to mount the factory window n door switches. Sounds like quite a bit of work unless u make em out if metal n splash em for a mold. U can bondo the crap out of the original.
poolman
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco,Body off reconstruction. Auto Fab suspension,mix of 84-96 parts.

Post by poolman »

i would be something with built in armrest and a way to hide the door handle hinge. Great idea Travis
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

Travisfab wrote:$250 for the pair is about where we would be.
Very interested as well. I am going to run manual windows or switches in the center console so having the bulge for the window switches optional would be great.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Rmc wrote:I'm in if they look bad ass, I'm currently eyeballing a Eastwood bead roller. Any know if its a p.o.s.? I've used pexto's in the past but I dunno anything about Eastwood tools.
Get the Harbor Freight one and gusset it/beef it up!

I've got a Pexto but the throat is on;y 6" deep which sucks. I'm looking at picking up a HF one as well and then reinforcing it so it doesn't flex. The throat on those is 18" which is much better for all around stuff.

Do a google search for the harbor freight bead roller and "reinforcing" or something similar and a few threads from the Hamb, etc. will come up. There's some good info and pics and if you can fab at all it's easy to do!