heat / cold control cable

hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

heat / cold control cable

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I've had this problem for a while but always had worse things to take care of. I now can address it. In order to change my temp from hot to cold, I have to pull out the glove box and move the cable by hand. I tried to jb weld it, which worked but it seems the cable has stretched. It would get cool but not cold, then I'd switch it to hot and it would get warm but not hot. I'm thinking the cable has stretched. Can someone guide me on what to do? This is out of my realm.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
miesk5
Bronco Info: 96 Bronco, E4OD, Man Xfer Case & Hubs

Re: heat / cold control cable

Post by miesk5 »

yo,
What year?
Ford calls it "Blend Door"
Revised Temperature Blend Door Cable TSB 95-11-10 for 95 Bronco & F Series
http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=1196
Search Google using:
19988 cable
and then click a few for your year; such as:
FORD TEMPERATURE CONTROL CABLE - Part Number E3TZ-19988-A
Deluxe Heater or Integral AC 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 Purchase
For further details, contact DENNIS CARPENTER FOR at 704-786-8139
$40.00
http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll ... 1~cadefffy

+++
Best bet is a yard cable; get blend door too because those hinges may be messed-up

Some use the old school carburetor choke cables; but....
++++++++++

More Blend Door info Links in my site @ http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=964

Incl:

TSB 95-11-10 Dual A/C Cables
Publication Date: JUNE 5, 1995
LIGHT TRUCK: 1995 BRONCO, F-150-350 SERIES
ISSUE: A revised temperature door control cable (pull-pull technique), temperature control cable bracket and plenum has been developed and placed into production on the 1995 F-Series/Bronco built after February 27, 1995.
ACTION: Refer to the 1995 F-Series/Bronco Service Manual, Section 12-02, Pages 10 and 11, for servicing procedures on temperature control bracket and cable. Temperature Cable Disconnect Tool (T94P-18532-A) should be used at temperature control bracket.
The attached illustrations detail the temperature control assembly and pull-pull cable system:
Figure 1 - Control assembly for heater or A/C showing new temperature control cable bracket (F5ZZ-19D816-AA) in the assembly and the new cable (F5TZ-19988-B).
Figure 2 - Plenum housing assembly showing cable, post and cam relationship.
Figure 3 - Heater core cover and temperature door crank positioning for cable installation.
PART NUMBER PART NAME
F5ZZ-19D816-AA Cable Bracket
F5TZ-19988-B Cable
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES: NONE
WARRANTY STATUS: INFORMATION ONLY
by Ford via Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net

=========
Overview in 80-86; "Off - Vacuum is applied to da Outside Recirc Door Vac Motor, closing that door to outside Air. Normal A/C - Outside-Recirc Door is open to outside air. The panel door directs air to the instr panel registers. The Temperature Control Lever moves a cable connected to da Temp Blend Door that mixes heated & un-heated air. In Defrost Mode - No vacuum to any vacuum "motor" (cannisters looking thangs), air Flows to Defroster outlets (& air compr clutch is engergized). Vent - Outside Recirc Door is open to outside air, as in Normal A/C. Vacuum is applied to the Panel Door Vacuum Motor, letting air flow only to the instr panel registers. In the same way, the defroster outlets are closed by the Floor/Defrost Vacuum Motor. Floor - The Outside-Recirc Door is Open to outside air. With No Vacuum at the Panel Door Vacuum Motor. The Panel Door directs air to the floor outlets. Mix - Vacuum is applied only to Port A of the Floor/Defrost Vacuum Motor positioning the Floor/Defrost Door at mid-position. Air Flow is split between the floor & windshield. There is no vac at the Panel Door Vacuum"
Source: by miesk5 at FSB

========
See our Big Bronco Technical, Parts Sources & Technical Service Bulletins Links site @ broncolinks.com
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Re: heat / cold control cable

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Much needed thank you sir!
edit*** will an 83 cable work in my 92?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.