Tow Hooks

shockseals.com

Tow Hooks

Post by shockseals.com »

Why did Ford not include tow hooks on the front of the broncos considering it is a 4wd? If they did come as an option does anybody have the part number and a picture?
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Re: Tow Hooks

Post by philofab »

shockseals.com wrote:Why did Ford not include tow hooks on the front of the broncos considering it is a 4wd? If they did come as an option does anybody have the part number and a picture?
I have never seen a factory set. Have no idea why.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Vic's new black bronco (1996) has front tow hooks. Not sure if they are OEM but then are poking through the front original bumper. Tony post some pics up of the front end.
navynuke
Bronco Info: 82 Bronco with some goodies

Post by navynuke »

I adapted some hooks from a Tundra to the bottom of my frame when I still had the stock bumper. Just used a reinforcing plate inside the frame rail to help make sure they wouldn't pull through.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

You would think a Bronco would have hooks front and rear....

Among my many plans that are on the back burner is one to build a simple front receiver hitch for mine then use d-rings in the receiver. I think I'd get a lot more utility out of a receiver than two hooks.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

SteveG wrote:I think I'd get a lot more utility out of a receiver than two hooks.
Front receivers are the sh&t when it comes to moving trailers around.
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Broncodawg wrote:Front receivers are the sh&t when it comes to moving trailers around.
Exactly.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
monkei
Bronco Info: 92' 6" lift -> hoping to convert to Bspeed-ish suspension

Post by monkei »

Has anyone tried to fit the Draw Tite / Reese 65015 front receiver hitch on a Bronco? They're listed for 4wd 90s f250s and f350s.... Are the frames substantially different in front between the 3/4 - 1 ton vs the 1/2 ton trucks???
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

monkei wrote:Has anyone tried to fit the Draw Tite / Reese 65015 front receiver hitch on a Bronco? They're listed for 4wd 90s f250s and f350s.... Are the frames substantially different in front between the 3/4 - 1 ton vs the 1/2 ton trucks???
Yes the frame is different. I will take photos if you like.

Curt 31026 will fit on the front of a 92-96 F150 or Bronco. Different part numbers for 2wd and 4wd 3/4+ trucks. I am a curt dealer if anyone wants one.
monkei
Bronco Info: 92' 6" lift -> hoping to convert to Bspeed-ish suspension

Post by monkei »

Thanks for the reply and the Curt p/n! How much can you get that one (31026) for??

Aware of any that fit the non-accordion frontends like on my buddies '90?
shockseals.com

Post by shockseals.com »

philofab wrote:
monkei wrote:Has anyone tried to fit the Draw Tite / Reese 65015 front receiver hitch on a Bronco? They're listed for 4wd 90s f250s and f350s.... Are the frames substantially different in front between the 3/4 - 1 ton vs the 1/2 ton trucks???
Yes the frame is different. I will take photos if you like.

Curt 31026 will fit on the front of a 92-96 F150 or Bronco. Different part numbers for 2wd and 4wd 3/4+ trucks. I am a curt dealer if anyone wants one.
Will it pop right out at the center of the bumper so no trimming is required? I cant stand a hacked up bumper.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

shockseals.com wrote:Will it pop right out at the center of the bumper so no trimming is required? I cant stand a hacked up bumper.
I think it hangs below the bumper as only 95 and 96 had factory cooling holes in them. A custom built one may be better for you. Here is a link to the install directions:

http://sitepro12.sitepro.com/masterlibr ... 26_INS.pdf
monkei wrote:Aware of any that fit the non-accordion frontends like on my buddies '90?
I will call tomorrow as it's not listed in the book. The F250/350 trucks have no accordion so that may work on the earlier (pre 92) 1/2 ton trucks.