Fuel Delivery Issue

Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Fuel Delivery Issue

Post by Travisfab »

I'll preface, by saying my truck has sat for 4 years without being started. Issue is that I am not getting pressure to the rail.

Obviously (likely not important) issues - 5 warning beeps when the key goes in (air bag related I believe), and I am having to manually jump the solenoid (should not be related).

I am hearing the pump prime when the key is turned. With both lines disconnected from the pump, I am getting fuel spraying out of the smaller, grey line.

The blue line goes directly from the tank, to the fuel filter. The arrow on the fuel filter is pointing towards the front of the truck. I cannot understand why the fuel pump is not pushing fuel through this line. Am I correct in thinking that fuel should exit the tank via the blue line, go through the filter, and then into the engine? Excess gas would then be returned via the grey line?

If this is the case, why would I be getting fuel shooting out of the smaller grey line?

ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: Fuel Delivery Issue

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Probably not much help, but just a through - is the filter new? If not, get a new one & try again. If there is something in the filter blocking or majorly slowing fuel passing maybe it is pushing all that fuel back to the tank and that's why you're seeing it out of the grey line??
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: Fuel Delivery Issue

Post by Travisfab »

Filter is brand new, and still dry at this point. It's a Motorcraft.