Help..Factory fuel line to AN fittings/regulator/rails etc..

96UAV
Bronco Info: 96 XLT --Under Construction--

Post by 96UAV »

Trying to figure this transition out but keep running into dead ends and fittings that don't work. For those of you who run aftermarket fuel systems (at least on the engine), how do you make to change from factory lines at the firewall with these fittings
To AN style and run your aftermarket regulators and rails?

I've tried a couple fitting options but I can't seem to find a quick connect fitting that attaches to the factory fitting and transitions to AN. I'm thinking I'll need to cut the factory fittings off and install something like this?

I appreciate any feedback or pictures.
LvSteve
Bronco Info: 1995 XLT Sport. 96 427w e4od obd II system........ SOLD IT

Re: Help..Factory fuel line to AN fittings/regulator/rails etc..

Post by LvSteve »

Think this is what your looking for
Russell Barb to Male AN Fittings 640870
Russell Barb to Male AN Fittings 640880
96UAV

Post by 96UAV »

This is what I thought...but the oem fittings at the firewall are male and the fittings I need have to be female quick connect to AN..I've actually bought the russell and aeromotive fittings already and they aren't the correct quick connect female fittings.
LvSteve

Post by LvSteve »

You mean this
Earl's Performance Fuel Line Adapter Fittings AT991965ERL
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

This is the one you need for the fuel rail Image

The stock braided lines use standard male fitting adapters can't remember what size. I'll see if I can find my receipt and give you part numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
96UAV

Post by 96UAV »

tcinu2 wrote:You mean this
Earl's Performance Fuel Line Adapter Fittings AT991965ERL
That looks like it might be a winner. I'm starting to think I'm doing something wrong...it seems the aeromotive options I've received in response is what others have used but I don't see how that will fit the application. After removing the stock fuel rails (with the motor), all I'm left with is the feed and return at the firewall.

Those fittings are male and look like this:

Does the Earls fitting just snap onto this?
LvSteve

Post by LvSteve »

Yes that correct
toddz69

Post by toddz69 »

The Earls fitting referenced in the email above *may* snap onto the gold fitting pictured in your first post. I say *may* because the Ford fittings are usually a little different, i.e. the distance from the end of the tube to the flared section is longer than what the fittings will work on - most of them are designed for GM LS1 fuel line fittings.

To adapt what you show in your last picture, you'll need something more like this:

https://www.aeromotiveinc.com/product/f ... 6-an-male/

if I'm understanding your connundrum correctly (I went through this a few months ago on some similar Mustang fittings).

The Aeromotive adapter took care of one of the fittings for me. The other one, a 5/16" line, I believe, required a more creative, 2-adapter solution.

If this is what you're after, I can dig up the pieces tonight and let you know PNs.

Todd Z.
96UAV

Post by 96UAV »

toddz69 wrote:The Earls fitting referenced in the email above *may* snap onto the gold fitting pictured in your first post. I say *may* because the Ford fittings are usually a little different, i.e. the distance from the end of the tube to the flared section is longer than what the fittings will work on - most of them are designed for GM LS1 fuel line fittings.

To adapt what you show in your last picture, you'll need something more like this:

if I'm understanding your connundrum correctly (I went through this a few months ago on some similar Mustang fittings).

The Aeromotive adapter took care of one of the fittings for me. The other one, a 5/16" line, I believe, required a more creative, 2-adapter solution.

If this is what you're after, I can dig up the pieces tonight and let you know PNs.

Todd Z.
That'd be great! I've found both the 5/16" and 3/8" Earl's fittings referenced above and have them sitting in my cart with Summit. Still worried they'll be another $60+ set of fittings that won't be what I need. I feel there should be a simple solution as many folks have built motors that surely required updated fuel systems (at least on the motor side) but I've come to dead-ends.

My last resort would be to cut the factory fittings off the line and use a push style to AN and hope that won't eventually leak.

'
hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

You will be good with those. I have -6 ones that I took off my bronco for the new motor if needed.
96UAV

Post by 96UAV »

hollandermotorsports wrote:You will be good with those. I have -6 ones that I took off my bronco for the new motor if needed.
"good with those" meaning the Aeromotive or the Earls?
hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

96UAV wrote:
hollandermotorsports wrote:You will be good with those. I have -6 ones that I took off my bronco for the new motor if needed.
"good with those" meaning the Aeromotive or the Earls?
Either brand but I was speaking to the sizes.
toddz69

Post by toddz69 »

OK, finally had a chance to take some pics last night. I re-read your thread and yes, you're looking for the fittings that I was looking for awhile back myself.

The Aeromotive fitting I linked above works for one of them:

The other one was a combo of two pieces: a spring-lock to -8 male and then a -8 to -6 adapter. I forget the brand of these two pieces but they were probably Fragola or XRP.

Also a photo of two adapters that a friend made for me that accomplish the same thing.

I'm also attaching a photo of the male fittings I was trying to adapt to for reference.

Todd
Attachments
fittings3.JPG
fittings3.JPG (97.53 KiB) Viewed 817 times
fittings2.JPG
fittings2.JPG (83.7 KiB) Viewed 817 times
fittings1.JPG
fittings1.JPG (92.67 KiB) Viewed 817 times
96UAV

Post by 96UAV »

toddz69 wrote:OK, finally had a chance to take some pics last night. I re-read your thread and yes, you're looking for the fittings that I was looking for awhile back myself.

The Aeromotive fitting I linked above works for one of them:

The other one was a combo of two pieces: a spring-lock to -8 male and then a -8 to -6 adapter. I forget the brand of these two pieces but they were probably Fragola or XRP.

Also a photo of two adapters that a friend made for me that accomplish the same thing.

I'm also attaching a photo of the male fittings I was trying to adapt to for reference.

Todd
Todd,

Thank you for your time and assistance! I was at Ramjet yesterday trying to figure this out and it seems even they were puzzled about the fittings required but I think between the info here and what I figured at Ramjet I've found a solution...I hope. I'll update my build thread eventually. I'm sure there are others who've encountered this issue.
96UAV

Post by 96UAV »

Finally figure out a solution and seems to be the easiest and cheapest. The hard-line sections after the filter that run up to the firewall is where I made the transfer to AN. There is a compression fitting that uses a brass crush sleeve that slides onto the hard line and screws together creating the AN male threads to run braid from there.

I'm going to move the clips further in on the bracket to secure them back down and done.