Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet

Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet

Post by Rmc »

Does anyone have experience with these products?
I've used dynomat extreme and think its a great product but I really have better stuff to spend my hard earned dollars on. I'm leaning toward the bquiet brand any one tried it before? Seems pretty reasonably priced for a 50 sqft roll.

http://www.b-quiet.com/extreme.html
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Re: Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet

Post by robertcrav »

I remember a few guys on here doing this in the last year or so...

I've used Brown Bread Sound deadening before which is now the B-quiet Extreme product with great results in a droning 5.0 Mustang as well as my F150 and its on the to do list for the Bronco
PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Post by PaulW »

Search. There are plenty of cheap low cost products like Dynamax that absorb sound just as well. They all depend on the feature that they are heavy which kills vibrations that you hear. What I used came from Lowes and is intended for gutter/flashing seal. A pain to install . Its pricey but less than the stuff the audio stores use. 6" wide and comes in rolls. Cut on a metal table with a utility knife. The guys with the best results use 2 layers.
In spite of all the hype many audio shops do not use Dynamax due to cost.

Primary noise comes from floor and doors. Floors are no brainer. Doors are a pain because the outer skin is where you need the stuff. Best results come from parking outside in the sun on a 100 degree day where the metal gets warm. Don't forget to clean the metal so the tar sticks real good.
Another quieting trick is to foam the area between the 2 metal roof panels. Good luck on that one.
PW
robertcrav
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

The B-quiet Extreme weighs 0.35lbs per sqft

On my first Bronco I was poor (19) and used egg crate foam sandwiched between the body and rear trim panels which worked well

Not sure cost on the Depot stuff but if you have to put two layers instead of 1 is it really that much cheaper? I dunno. The B-quiet can be had on Amazon or eBay for roughly $2/sqft

And I agree on a warm day with the rolls sitting in the sun for an hour or so are your friends. Also utility knife that you don't care about cuz it will get gummed up with tar, as well as a heat gun and wooden roller to help press it into contours...
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

I used Fatmat purchased on eBay. No smell and works just like dynamat which I have used in the past.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

The 50sqft for 70 or 80$ is what is swaying my opinion. Seems cheap, ill look into the fatmat. I appreciate the feedback guys.
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

Rmc wrote:The 50sqft for 70 or 80$ is what is swaying my opinion. Seems cheap, ill look into the fatmat. I appreciate the feedback guys.
There are 2 thicknesses to the FatMat just like there are 2 for the B-Quiet
gjls
Bronco Info: 93 Lightning

Post by gjls »

This site has some good information.
http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Cool ill read it tonight. Thanks man.
Brad12
Bronco Info: STOLEN 1994 XLT, 6 in. Superlift, ext. RAs, 35X12.5 R15, TTB, 8.8, 351, 3.55, K&N

Post by Brad12 »

I had Rhino Liner on the floor for a long time. I then added two layers of Peel & Seal on the floor, one layer on the doors, carpet padding, and carpet. My bronco went from really loud to nice and quiet. I haven't experienced any smell either.
blueoval8493
Bronco Info: 1994 F-150 super cab with 347.

Post by blueoval8493 »

I put peel and seal on the back wall of cab on the tranny cover and under panels on doors and behind the doors on a extended cab f-150 I built. I thought it made a hell of a difference. I don't know how it would hold up on the floor where u were always stepping on it though. I still have rolls left i was gonna try on floor but a friend of mine made me an offer on it i couldn't refuse before i got that far. And you probly have higher temps than me being in NY but i never had any bad smell after install.
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

From my build thread:

Blake prepped the firewall and installed Russian StP Silver, a Dynamat alternative with better workability and a better price: http://stp-atlantic.com/products/Vibrat ... 300629621/.
Be careful looking at this product online because we used the professional Silver at 80 mils thick. Amazon and others have iSilver for less in a "bulk package", however it's less square footage and only 70 mils.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

So when I looked into sound reduction a did a stupid amount of research. Reality is deadener is not meant to reduce sounds. You need mass so reduce sound. It does make it quieter from the mass it add but if you really want to block sound look into mass load vinyl. This coupled with close cell foam is ideal. It's not cheap and I found an intercom and headsets what's the way to go for me.
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

Bronco has dynamat it does help but all I can hear are my Bypasses lol

I would say it also helps with comfort

It insolates the floor and helps with heat from motor and tranny as well. I have stock carpet over it . there is a big different from my bronco and my buddies bronco with raw metal when it comes to sound and heat.....I think I may add some to the Roof at some point as well for these two reasons.......along with my AC should be nice in the old bronco. Like CS said maybe stock carpet put back in and intercom may be the answer if you want to cut corners and plan on getting a intercom anyways. I know your bronco a family Wagon Robert so Intercom might not be needed and insolating might be a better option in your set up.

Good feedback on this guys all of us want a Cadillac like ride.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I made the jump from a Class 12 Buggy to the Bronco and it is a Cadillac compared to that. That was in the early 1990s and the sand and dirt in the face before we started running full face forced air helmets.

On my Bronco, I plan to use bed liner stuff for the floor but might still do a combination of Dynomat and a rubber floor mat over that. Is anyone using this combination and what are your results. I have run the OEM carpet for years and don't want to go back. I want something easier to clean out than carpet yet quiets it down and the heat from the floor is the pits. I am also planning to wrap the exhaust system under the Bronco with fiberglass heat shielding before it goes back in.
ItzEnsign
Bronco Info: 1995 5.8 351w

Post by ItzEnsign »

I used peel n seal on my bronco, helped a lot and for the bypass's I wrapped the head of the shock and the shock mount in the dynomatt and also wrapped the tubes coming out of the firewall and it really made a difference
PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Post by PaulW »

I am a fan of peal & seal and have used it everywhere on my 72 EB. For the FSB it will work great. Do the inside of the doors, bedsides, floors, and firewall, but the stock carpet will work even better. Keep or replace the stock carpet over the Peal & Seal and it will make you happy.
squirelmurphy
Bronco Info: No broncos, but I have a 73 f100 with a big block. Does that count?

Post by squirelmurphy »

In my 73 f100, I used 50 sq ft of the 80 mil Fat Mat on the floors, roof, and back of he cab. I had to buy another 25' to do the doors and the top portion of the firewall. Moral of the story, it goes quick when you're trying to cover everything.

The Fat Mat was nice enough to work with, no smell, good adhesion. It will be a big improvement I'm sure.
funinthesun95

Post by funinthesun95 »

ItzEnsign wrote:I used peel n seal on my bronco, helped a lot and for the bypass's I wrapped the head of the shock and the shock mount in the dynomatt and also wrapped the tubes coming out of the firewall and it really made a difference

this is next for me
funinthesun95

Post by funinthesun95 »

Bring this back anyone do anything new?

I am about to wrap my mounting area tubes and mount.