McQueen Glass

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Deposits are a must. I have built custom race communications and before I spend money on a project. I get a deposit. To cover parts. I wish I could do it without and rely on someone's word but if they have no skin in the game then it's easy to leave you hanging. I just had a guy order a radio with a race mod and backed out after it was programed with a custom channel list and ready to ship. It's a bummer and I want to help out people as much as I can but if you shoot yourself in the foot for every customer. It makes it hard to help the new guy.

I am just saying I know how you feel.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

yup - deposits are a must for when I never do it again - haha. I learned me lesson in other words.

Mike on the other hand does it for a business so I'm sure he'll sell some.

If I ever got off my butt & put a website together for my parts I'm sure I might sell a few sets as well.
fibermike
Bronco Info: builder of high quality ford glass parts/bronco/ranger prerunner owner

Post by fibermike »

Believe me, im not complaining, im just jesting, i thought it was funny how quick it dried up. I know i will sell product, its a matter of time.My Ranger glass took two years to take off, now we cant keep up with it. People have to see our products in person before they realize its a cut above the rest. Fortunately we have our race car business that takes president over after mkt.
CB95XLT
Bronco Info: 95 xlt all stock (for now) rolls on 33in general red labels

Post by CB95XLT »

I love the look of this glass..been waiting for the rears to be done. I will be placing my order group buy or not. @fibermike
fibermike
Bronco Info: builder of high quality ford glass parts/bronco/ranger prerunner owner

Post by fibermike »

CB95XLT wrote:I love the look of this glass..been waiting for the rears to be done. I will be placing my order group buy or not. @fibermike
No need for a group buy. I absorbed the cost of tooling. We are delivering a set to a client on monday. We only take phone orders as to assure no mistakes.
Jbfab
Bronco Info: 94 centurion bronco 5.8/zf many mods more all the time.

Post by Jbfab »

What is the differance between there parabeam hood and coremat? My thinking is that since the parabeam is $60 more its better.
-JD5353-
Bronco Info: 1992 EB, current build, 44/50 beams, 10.5 axle, 6BT swap, gofast

Post by -JD5353- »

From my understanding, the coremat is a 4 pin hood while the parabeam can be used hinged.
Jbfab

Post by Jbfab »

Thank you i will be ordering one this week and wanted a little insight before i made the call.
fibermike

Post by fibermike »

They can both be hinged. Parabeam is a lot stronger than carbon fiber. The front has to be pinned, and it comes with a bonded (methacrylate) cup for a hood prop like the ranger, reducing weight and it always works.
Jbfab

Post by Jbfab »

Just dropped the coin today for my hood. I cant wait till it gets here.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Sweet!!
Jbfab

Post by Jbfab »

I am wondering whats the best place to mount my hood pins with this hood? I have/had hood pins in my stocker but curious as to what others did with this hood.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Depending on how rigid the hood is of course here's an important thing to keep in mind. On my hood ( trailer products ) its a bit thin. I mounted the hood pins wide at the leading edge. What this allowed to happen is the air off the grill area scooped up under the hood and it chattered like crazy. I had to remove the hood and glass in strips to stiffen it to stop the chatter. Around 95 mph the chatter is still there but 80 and below I'm golden. Look at the pic of mine and go a bit narrower to play it safe.
Baja
Bronco Info: 95, 5.8, E4OD, 4:88s Front: 4.5 C&T, 2.5 C/O Rear: Deavers Shackles 3.0 bypass All Threat

Post by Baja »

Jbfab wrote:I am wondering whats the best place to mount my hood pins with this hood? I have/had hood pins in my stocker but curious as to what others did with this hood.

I have this hood and the pin placement seems to be perfect in the raised section, just before it starts to drop down on each side. Like so...
Attachments
Left Front High After Tint.jpg
Left Front High After Tint.jpg (36.87 KiB) Viewed 679 times
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Post by Travisfab »

Mine

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

On my friends F150 hood he had the Trailer Products thin fiberglass hood and had the same issue with it chattering. I added two more pins inside the original two on the leading edge of the hood. Made a huge difference. On a thicker hood like from AutoFab you don't run into that problem.
fibermike

Post by fibermike »

Did you ever think about asking the manufacturer? Just kidding. We suggest doing it on the core support. If you dont make it yourself, auto fab has an extension for doing this job. We did a friends hood by buying longer 9/16" bolts and sizeing them to the right length,side drilling them and using the auto fab setup (rubber piece) then putting a piece of rubber hose on the underside of hood, for tension spacing.

Anytime you need info we are here to help. We are currently fixing a hinge location insert problem we discovered. We will not sell anything that is a problem to the customer. And our glass is not thin in any areas as you are talking about with other products. We do not have a chopper gun on the premises, nor will we ever.
fibermike

Post by fibermike »

Wrightracing.net wrote:On my friends F150 hood he had the Trailer Products thin fiberglass hood and had the same issue with it chattering. I added two more pins inside the original two on the leading edge of the hood. Made a huge difference. On a thicker hood like from AutoFab you don't run into that problem.
With our parabeam hood we supply an insert that reinforces the area that the pin is located. It would be nice if everyone used the same location so we could have it pre installed. We also bond in a cup for the hood support rod (ranger style) made out of glass.

Fell free to call for any assistance, we still know how to use a phone for talking.
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Mike have you ever looked at some of the 66-77 bronco hoods out there that wildhorses4x4.com sells-- one of the best little upgrades a guy can do to a hood on a 66-77 are the gas hood shocks. Seems like the factory hinge that holds up the hood is just too stout for glass-- what about the hood shocks. Not sure on the difference in weight from the EB to the FSB but I am guessing it wouldn't be all that tough to come up with a good shock-- hell the gas hood shocks for the steel 66-77 hood just might work perfectly. The nicer EB hoods have the shock mounts glassed in. The rod is stupid simple but the gas shocks are just such a nice thing to have comparatively speaking.
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Gas shocks can be added easily. There are kits on NLOC or you can make your own. As far as hinges I have broken them with a glass hood.