Updates: Forum software, appearance, etc.

birdco85
Bronco Info: 95 5.8 MAF E4OD

Post by birdco85 »

It seems all PM features are disabled. I can't get into my old messages or send any. When you click on someone's profile the letter icon is missing.
otter
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern

Re: Updates: Forum software, appearance, etc.

Post by otter »

Hey Steve,
Is there anyway to get a "Like" feature?
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Same here with the Private Messages are gone. On Tapatalk.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

birdco85 wrote:It seems all PM features are disabled. I can't get into my old messages or send any. When you click on someone's profile the letter icon is missing.
Is this on a browser or Tapatalk?

When I click a user's name or avatar, I get a profile and in that profile there is a Private Messages link. Anyone else not get this link?
CapturePMGFB.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

otter wrote:Hey Steve,
Unfortunately, no. I'd have to change the entire platform. Which is not out of the question but not something I'll be doing soon.
otter

Post by otter »

SteveG wrote:
otter wrote:Hey Steve,
Unfortunately, no. I'd have to change the entire platform. Which is not out of the question but not something I'll be doing soon.

Understandable. I'm not a computer guy, I just stick things together with electricity. haha. Thought maybe it was a simple thing.
birdco85
Bronco Info: 95 5.8 MAF E4OD

Post by birdco85 »

It's on tapatalk. I'm able to send a pm from the mobile browser. Not sure on PC yet, my computer is broken.
otter

Post by otter »

I like the quote notification!
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

In Tapatalk pro or the free versions, the private message folder is gone. I also have no way to send private messages.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Got it. There must be a setting in Tapatalk that needs to be changed.
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Post by Travisfab »

There is still a critical error with this website that should be addressed asap. External links should not open in the same window. You do not want people leaving your page until the are forced to! All external links should be opened in a new window.

A very nice feature that I'm sure everyone would like, is the ability to search for "all threads started by user" Every forum that I can think of you're able to view a members profile, click on something like "statistics" and have the option to see all the threads started by that user.
agavelouis
The Champ
Bronco Info: 1994 5.0 Bronco. Solo Motorsports all the way around

Post by agavelouis »

Text box that is white to enter messages on the full site is a little harsh on the eyes with the gray and black.

Overall I dig it :)
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Travisfab wrote:There is still a critical error with this website that should be addressed asap. External links should not open in the same window. You do not want people leaving your page until the are forced to! All external links should be opened in a new window.
"Critical error" seems a little dramatic but, yes, that is a good modification and I'll look into it. In the meantime, people can hold the control button when they click or click the scroll wheel on their mouse to open in a new tab. Or, they can not, and that's OK, too.
Travisfab wrote:A very nice feature that I'm sure everyone would like, is the ability to search for "all threads started by user" Every forum that I can think of you're able to view a members profile, click on something like "statistics" and have the option to see all the threads started by that user.
You can "Search user's posts" in their profile and it gives you just that. It's on the right hand side of the window under "User's Statistics".
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Post by Travisfab »

A little dramatic yes, but trust me it's a bigger deal then you probably think. In fact you just taught me the control/click thing! I dont know about everyone else, but I am so accustomed to links opening in new tabs, that I have clicked links to see a picture, didnt realize that it wasn't a new tab, and closed the entire (site) tab out!

I'm not talking about searching users posts, I'd like to be able to see all threads started by that user. For example, if I want to bump an old classifieds thread, I have to sift through the 40 posts I made after the thread to find it. Or if I know a user has a build thread, but I forgot what they have titled it, I'd have to search through a ton of posts to find their thread.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I've gotten in the habit of right clicking links here & hitting "open in new tab" as I realized they went to the new site vs. opening a new window.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Just wanted to say that viewing the new format on my mobile is very pleasant! Also I really like how the folders change color when a thread has received a new reply!! Great job!

Now wanna help me find the source of my squeak lol.
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

Where are the damn logos?!?!?!
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Logos are being reviewed by media and will then go to legal. Once I get the green light, I'll go straight to my to-do list!
Cactus Cooler
Bronco Info: 90 Bronco EB EDITION

Post by Cactus Cooler »

Wrightracing.net wrote:Thanks Steve.

Hahahaaaa, seen this a dozen times. Still makes me laugh! :lol:
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Cactus Cooler wrote:
Wrightracing.net wrote:Thanks Steve.

Hahahaaaa, seen this a dozen times. Still makes me laugh! :lol:

ROFL