I REALLY like this forum, but the format is so HARD to read!

Prizefighter
Bronco Info: 1978 Ford Bronco, 74 Bronco

I REALLY like this forum, but the format is so HARD to read!

Post by Prizefighter »

I love 66-79 Broncos and off-road racing. I have owned 7 Broncos and I am building a go fast 74 Bronco for Dirt Riot, KOH stock one day, and anything else I may be able to use it for. I really want to read a ton of posts and threads from this site and contribute as much as I can but the colors/layout/ or way this forum presents is so difficult!! IT'S SO HARD TO READ!!! :geek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :geek: I don't want to be negative and I really hope the mods/admins don't take this personal but white font on light grey back ground doesn't show up well. A Light red color for the title thread topic is also very hard to read against the light grey background. Can we get some contrast?? I'm 33 y/o and have 20/20 vision, never had glasses or contacts so surely I'm not the only one struggling to navigate this forum. The layout isn't the easiest to navigate either. I know this isn't a huge member forum with tons of traffic and ads, but is there anything that can be done to make this site better in appearance?
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Re: I REALLY like this forum, but the format is so HARD to read!

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

I wonder if it is something on your end. I see white lettering on a black background, and the titles are a dark red.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

It's black with white letters for me, too.
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Also...I don't know if it was a glitch in the Matrix, but I just edited the previous post to correct a spelling error. I didn't realize it at first, then it dawned on me. When I opened the tread back up I was not able to edit my post.

Crazy!

Sorry to hijack your thread.
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

OK, whats up with the edit feature guys? You get one chance to edit a post for spelling or grammer?

Again, sorry for the continued hijack.
Prizefighter

Post by Prizefighter »

Not sure how it could only be me? I'm open to changing my settings though. The background is def not black, it's grey. When I think of black background I'm thinking Pirate or CB, this is def not black. (Not trying to compare this forum to Pirate or CB, just using it as an example) The light red is also hard to read, no? Nobody's ever thought this place was difficult to navigate or see?
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

I guess the background is a very slight grey when compared to pirate, but I have never had any issue with seeing the font. What internet browser are you using? Could that have anything to do with it? As far as navigation, I've been here since the very beginning so it just seems normal to me I guess.
Prizefighter

Post by Prizefighter »

Not the browser, I use Firefox. It looks the same with Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I've always thought of the background here as black as well. Now that you brought it up it may be a charcoal grey, but not light grey by any means. I have absolutely zero issue seeing the white letters on the dark background.

*oooh - and edit does seem to be back. May be a limited time after initial post deal though. Either way - it ROCKS!
THANKS GUYS!
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

I don't see no stinking edit button.......
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

I've posted in a couple other sections and have not had the edit option. Not sure whats going on.
Prizefighter

Post by Prizefighter »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I've always thought of the background here as black as well. Now that you brought it up it may be a charcoal grey, but not light grey by any means. I have absolutely zero issue seeing the white letters on the dark background.
No problems seeing the light red on charcoal either?
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Funny. I just made a post in another thread & wanted to change something about 2 seconds after I posted & had no edit there. Weird.
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Prizefighter wrote:
ChaseTruck754 wrote:I've always thought of the background here as black as well. Now that you brought it up it may be a charcoal grey, but not light grey by any means. I have absolutely zero issue seeing the white letters on the dark background.
No problems seeing the light red on charcoal either?
Nope, it isn't a real light red for me. I do vagely remember not being a huge fan of the red a long time ago when they switched to it, but now I don't notice it.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Ok - figured something out.

I posted the above & was able to edit. I wrote a bunch & hit "reply" or whatever the button was & I got a "you're no longer able to edit this post" thing pop up.

I guess it is a very limited time edit, & maybe in this sub-forum only????

& to answer prizefighter - the red also reads very clearly on the charcoal for me. I have ZERO issues with any of the colors & things being hard to see/read here. All contrasts very well for my eyes.
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Try this, you may like it better....

Go to User Control Panel under the GoFastBroncos banner. On the left hand side there should be a "board preferances" tab. Click on it, then go to "my board preferances" and change the drop down from "acid red" to "prosilver"
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Editing... maybe I just forgot to remove it from this forum. It appears you guys can edit in the least used forum... enjoy. Hahaha!

Things seem to be back to the way it was in the old days, I suppose we could revisit the edit feature. There is still one enemy sleeping among us but he is a coward as he attacked without revealing his identity... whatever. Moving on!

The great thing about phpbb forum software is it's free. The bad thing is, nothing is simple and everything is a pain in the ass... Edit will come back in some form but it will be a while as it is a slow process and time is at a premium these days.

Forum colors: You have two options for colors. Change them in your user control panel and see which you like best.

EDIT (not rubbing it in!) Eric beat me to it.
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

My 2 cents on edit if you bring it back. I enjoy a drama free lifestyle first and foremost, but I like the idea that you get one chance to edit a post after you make it. This lets you fix spelling or grammer or some other simple mistake. Once you leave the thread or edit it once, thats it.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

So I tried "pro silver" just now, it's a whole new experience! Lol I changed back, the red is so cool.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Rmc wrote:So I tried "pro silver" just now, it's a whole new experience! Lol I changed back, the red is so cool.
Agreed. The black just looks bad ass!